Who wins the Big Ten East?

Excel

The B1G East  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Essentially if tOSU keeps Braxton healthy its theirs to lose. I just get a feeling MSU regresses this year. Maybe due to losing a couple key guys, or perhaps being a little overconfident from last years season. Buckeyes should play pretty determined and sound football.

tOSU

MSU

PSU

Michigan

Indy

Rutgers

Maryland

Bucks.

I think the Defensive line is the best in the division and the linebackers and secondary will have renewed focus with a more aggressive mentality.

The offense should still be the best in the division and the Special teams will be great again.

The secondary will be suspect at least from an outsiders perspective. Two safeties and no more Roby is a big loss. Add in the loss of Shazier and the defense looks suspect from who intimidated last year on an individual level. This defense was also far from be dominate last year giving up hoards of points at the end of the year especially to Michigan who were made to look nonexistent to MSU and Nebraska.

Add in a almost completely new O-line and this is far from a OSU's to lose division.

Bucks.

I think the Defensive line is the best in the division and the linebackers and secondary will have renewed focus with a more aggressive mentality.

The offense should still be the best in the division and the Special teams will be great again.

The secondary will be suspect at least from an outsiders perspective. Two safeties and no more Roby is a big loss. Add in the loss of Shazier and the defense looks suspect from who intimidated last year on an individual level. This defense was also far from be dominate last year giving up hoards of points at the end of the year especially to Michigan who were made to look nonexistent to MSU and Nebraska.

Add in a almost completely new O-line and this is far from a OSU's to lose division.

I don't think 2013 Roby is anywhere near irreplaceable. I thought Doran Grant was superior in play even though he was asked to do less.

Frankly, CJ Barnett and Corey Brown should not have been playing at Safety and Corey Brown was replaced in the bowl game by Vonn Bell who will be a great player. not worried

Shazier put up great numbers but if you watch every game a AJ Hawk he was NOT. Not even close.

We were poorly coached last year,I hate passive defenses and our new DC does too. He's going to be making the calls, not Fickell.

I am sure Ohio State has the talent to plug new guys in on the o-line, but you never know if they will come together. I have the same fear with Nebraska this year. We have almost an identical problem as Ohio State with lineman replacement. I fear any optimism until I see the O-line in real action.

Michigan State's D-line is going to be brutal again this year and if OSU's line doesn't gel it won't matter the skill position players you have.

I am sure Ohio State has the talent to plug new guys in on the o-line, but you never know if they will come together. I have the same fear with Nebraska this year. We have almost an identical problem as Ohio State with lineman replacement. I fear any optimism until I see the O-line in real action.

Michigan State's D-line is going to be brutal again this year and if OSU's line doesn't gel it won't matter the skill position players you have.

I hear ya but I think most non-Buckeye, non-Sparty fans would pick OSU's starting D-Line over Sparty.

I'm just hoping the Oline comes together by October or so if they do struggle but who knows, they could be just as good as last year.

Woody' - It gonna be an interesting Eastern Div. race in the B1G as you know...

Watching MSU and the Buckeyes go head to head in Indy last Dec was a treat and I came away impressed with your D-line and especially with Ryan Shazier and Roby on your D. IMHO, your 'corners' needed to step up a bit more in that game, and it became more apparent as the game progressed. Watching Braxton and Hyde work as a tandem on execution of the running game was very, very impressive to say the least. I'm pretty sure Urban will have worked on Braxton's passing skills and should even be more effective this year.

Now, for MSU, we've lost our Jim Thorp Award winner in D.Dennard, along with D. Allen, Max, etc. on D... and a significant portion of our O-line... but... Dantonio and crew have a proven track record of building a 'team' from 2*'s and 3*'s. What you might see this year is continued improvement with Cook at QB, greater depth at WR, further use of our TE's, and giving JLang a bit more rest (with utilizing R.J. Shelton (and others)). I think you'll see more yds. put up by Cook and an improvement in his pts./game and efficiency %. I really want to see D. Terry at QB during the Spring Scrimmage this Sat. as see how he has progressed and how he can fit into the packages that Dave Warner commands.

If Narduzzi can shore up the 'D' effectively before the Oregon game, it should be fun watching the Eastern Div. this fall. Also, you can easily see where Coach D's aspirations have turned to more of a National Stage in recent interviews. If both our teams can stay relatively healthy, it again should be a heluva WAR !!!

• Fire 1