Bar Rescue - O'Bannion's/Bellevue, NE

I went to the relaunch and saw myself three times on tv. It wasn't bad. After the cameras turned off, some of the crew stuck around and drank. They were really nice. The bartenders made the wrong drinks for us a few times after the cameras left, but they were the new drinks, so we didn't really care too much. Overall, it was a fun experience.

I didn't see this one. But did watch the hookah bar episode in Omaha, think it was called oasis. When I see bars on the show like this. Makes me wonder how the bar is still in business. Figured if they didn't run out of money the health department would shut them down.

Apparently the Council Bluffs city council is trying to deny O Face's liquor license because of the show and how it's given the city a bad name.

They should just be glad one of the classier joints was chosen.

Yeah . . . because Council Bluff's image was fantastic before Bar Rescue.

apparently it's already been declined, according to KPTM. link

"The main reason why I voted no is to at least send a message to the bar owner that that is unacceptable and that he has caused embarrassment to our community,” said council member Lynne Branigan.

Officials said the bar has no violations. Throughout its entire four years of business, O Face only has one citation.

I didn't see this one. But did watch the hookah bar episode in Omaha, think it was called oasis. When I see bars on the show like this. Makes me wonder how the bar is still in business. Figured if they didn't run out of money the health department would shut them down.

I agree it's amazing how gross these bars are. The Oasis quickly went back to being a Hookah bar after Taffer left. They are selling shirts that say "Puff, Puff, Taff" as a reference to the Bar Rescue show.

I agree it's amazing how gross these bars are. The Oasis quickly went back to being a Hookah bar after Taffer left. They are selling shirts that say "Puff, Puff, Taff" as a reference to the Bar Rescue show.

from what I understand they pretty much had to. They got their liqour license as a cigar bar. They would have to sell tobaco to have the license.

what i do not get is how their sales only go up like 20%, as if that is good enough. some of these bars are losing like 10k a month. don't they need like a 120% increase?

what i do not get is how their sales only go up like 20%, as if that is good enough. some of these bars are losing like 10k a month. don't they need like a 120% increase?

yea I agree thats the goal. But i'm betting the theory is if you can change the perception of the bar with that final stress test/reopening. Then the word will get out and the business will start to grow. Eventually you'll get to the 120% growth. Doing it over night would probably be to much at 1 time and the bars would close.

Also according to bar rescue updates. The bar owners and staff are encouraged to act a certain way to get picked by John.

That is what I always thought too!

Taffer is great but does the same thing each time

1. Yell at everyone

2. make them clean for no reason, its going to be cleaned anyway

3. Makes drinks that are "local"

That is what I always thought too!

Taffer is great but does the same thing each time

1. Yell at everyone

2. make them clean for no reason, its going to be cleaned anyway

3. Makes drinks that are "local"

The cleaning I agree with him making them do it. They created the mess, they should be the ones to clean it up. But the biggest issue i've been finding about this show. Is according to some of the bars that have been on here. The producers tell the owners they file all the necessary paperwork with the city for renovations. Yet never do, which has caused a bar owner to lose his liqour license, clientel as he couldn't serve alcohol. Plus his live performance license, so he couldn't even draw in the non drinking crowds to hear local bands.

What Omaha or Lincoln bars would have want "rescued"

1. Cigarros (please, make it like it was before...drugs and super hot girls)

2. Loose Moose (I mean, it freaking closed down last week)

3. Club Nico (Who remembers that horrible place in Omaha)

4. O'Brians (Is that the name, its like a pool bar in Lincoln on O street. It just seems weird)

Oh, I like when he changes the name and the owner freaks out...that always cracks me up.

What Omaha or Lincoln bars would have want "rescued"

1. Cigarros (please, make it like it was before...drugs and super hot girls)

2. Loose Moose (I mean, it freaking closed down last week)

3. Club Nico (Who remembers that horrible place in Omaha)

4. O'Brians (Is that the name, its like a pool bar in Lincoln on O street. It just seems weird)

Oh, I like when he changes the name and the owner freaks out...that always cracks me up.

I'd like foxy lady or night before lounge cleaned up. I've been in both of them 1 time. Felt as if I needed a std test after sitting down. Plus think it'd be hillarious to see Taffer to clean up a strip club. The Grove needed it before they closed the doors for the second time.