Bo Pelini Negative Achievements

Do you not see how youre toeing the line between concerned fan and troll? Your a solid poster. But damn, not everything needs your dose of "But Bo...."

If he makes you that sad, you could block him. I'm just saying.
it is hilarious that challenging the pro-bo echo chamber is considered "trolling". is this a message board for discussion or a symposium for bo apologists.

the only threads that get any action are the ones where people are debating, yet they are the ones that are apparently ruining this board. pretty sure there are tons of threads about how good spring practice went and things like that, but they fall to the wayside because no one is discussing in them. then a thread comes up where an argument arises, gets a lot of play, and everyone begrudges it. good lord, get over it.

Hey bud, I've had plenty of discussions that included Nupolo. I am far from Bo Jock rider like some of these guys here. Trust me. A lot of these Bo supporters refuse to even acknowledge some of the absolute atrocities we've witnessed since Bo has been coach. I tend to point out more bad than good probably, but I do had a few good things to point out. There are good things going in. I won't add NUPolo to my ignore list because I see a lot of his points. I am Nebraska fan, not Bo fan. If Bo doesn't get sh#t fixed, his ass can go and it bothers me none. I get the impression some of these guys here put Bo above the program. I hope they follow Bo when he goes, he will go eventually. It is not a requirement to support the coach. You can love Nebraska without being a Boliever. Still, I see where NUPolo comes off as a troll since he rarely has suggestions of how to fix any issues. He rarely suggests anyone does anything well. He rarely discusses any wins by Nebraska. He hardly acknowledges that there are players out there who have to do their part. He mainly just blames Bo. Sometimes he's right, sometimes he's wrong. Would be interesting to hear his take on something else maybe for a bit.

Except I have opinions and solutions. I've offered up on who I might want to see NU go after as a coach, how to fix present issues, and who I like on the team (spoiler nearly everyone, I dont hate on players except for a few). They get forgotten or fall on deaf ears. The modus operandi of this board has always been to belittle those who do not 100% support the coach. It was that way with Solich, Callahan and now.

• Fire 1

I can't say I disagree with that last part. I guess I had just given it up a bit. I've accepted the guy is going to be the coach this next season, I just want to see how it plays out. I think recruiting has picked up, now let's see if they can coach em. To me, this is the last season I want to watch #4losses. It happens again, I hope he's gone. We will see.

I can't say I disagree with that last part. I guess I had just given it up a bit. I've accepted the guy is going to be the coach this next season, I just want to see how it plays out. I think recruiting has picked up, now let's see if they can coach em. To me, this is the last season I want to watch #4losses. It happens again, I hope he's gone. We will see.

Pretty safe to say that after last November that 9-4/10-4 again will still NOT result in his departure.

• Fire 1

As far as his "vision" goes, after 6 years I don't think he even has a clue what that is. We have horrendous special teams, commit penalties, turn the ball over, BUT were really good at....? What exactly?

We may not have solid quarterback play but you can count on Nebraska have 2 mid to late round NFL draft picks per year.

Let's address this.

Horrendous special teams: Over Bo's tenure, we're actually one of the better special teams units overall (see phil steele's data). We've just struggled in the punt game the last 2 years. The other areas were at least above average in 2012-2013).

Penalties: Last year was our least amount of penalties since 2007. We finished 82nd in penalty yardage, 5 spots behind MSU.

Turnovers: I'll give you that. It's the defining stat of Bo's tenure.

What are we good at? We'll stick with on the field stuff. The pass defense his entire tenure has been good to excellent. Defense was trending up last year (bad start). They played well against in the last 1/3 of the season. On offense, we can actually run the ball on good teams, something we hadn't done since like 2001. We've played well in close games too.

His "vision" is simple. Run the ball, play good defense. Fix the turnovers (which is causing the blowouts) and I think we'll make a jump. That's the kicker.

Everyone's vision is to run the ball, play good defense, and not turn the ball over.

I agree that our secondary is usually fundamentally sound, but the past few years have not been in the same stratosphere as 2009 and 2010. The entire secondary is a toss up this year. I am bigger than our most experienced corner and I do not like that. Josh Mitchell is a decent player at best.

Ross Els is still our special teams coach so I don't see us improving there. If we do improve by a large margin this year it is a serious indictment on the staff. Why the hell was there no effort there last year? Kicking game is a mystery as well.

I expect to lose one game simply because the other team is more talented. One game because of quarterback play. One game because of turnovers. One game because we were out coached, or because of special teams (Iowa last year). Most consider me a hater but there are lots of question marks and not many reasons to believe that things will jut click this year.

What's funny is, both 12-1 or 7-6 wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. And either would be fine. I just want something -different-

As has been discussed and researched on here, one is hard pressed to come up with coaches who get fired for 9 win seasons. It won't soon happen at Nebraska again either.......

We was a dropped pass away from 8-5. And Bo wasnt getting fired AFTER the bowl game. They placed a solid stance behind him before a very doubtful 9th win, even after all the hubub throughout last season. So anyone who says Bo's on the hot seat for 9/10 wins just doesnt get it. We've been saying this sh#t for 3 years now. "Next years a big year for Bo. If he dont win more than 10 games or lose less than 4 bla bla bla". Well. hell, last year he told the fans to f#*k of, dared the admin to fire him, swiped at a ref, and was very close to his worse season yet, and he's still here. So lets think about that for a minute. LOL.

Who does a hollow 9 win season benefit except for Bo? If they go 9-4+ again with that schedule the apathy would be off the charts and I would expect a change.

Anything better, outside if a tangible championship is a crapshoot

Anything worse is obviously a change.

Who does a hollow 9 win season benefit except for Bo? If they go 9-4+ again with that schedule the apathy would be off the charts and I would expect a change.

Would polo? Just "would"?

You mean IS. This board is about as ridiculous and repetitive as I've ever seen it in my time here. Hence, it appears Bo has done a pretty fantastic job of getting the right few people behind his back and that they will stand there at all costs. Even when I was down on things and even crossed over to the point of simply entertaining coaching candidates, it's pretty obvious Bo's job was never in question as we think it is. So until he is actually fired for more than an absolute meltdown, I will just continue to laugh at the notion of the hot seat.

You mean IS. This board is about as ridiculous and repetitive as I've ever seen it in my time here. Hence, it appears Bo has done a pretty fantastic job of getting the right few people behind his back and that they will stand there at all costs. Even when I was down on things and even crossed over to the point of simply entertaining coaching candidates, it's pretty obvious Bo's job was never in question as we think it is. So until he is actually fired for more than an absolute meltdown, I will just continue to laugh at the notion of the hot seat.

The board was worse in 05-07. But this is a weird time to be sure.

And it would appear has a few strident Osborne supporter regents in his corner, otherwise it think he'd be gone, either way it's going to take a good year from him if he wants to stay.

I think he's under extreme pressure to change things, otherwise we wouldn't be seeing the pr campaign, recruiting shift, etc.

You think he doesn't have a hot seat at all? There's no pressure on him to do something big this year?

You think he doesn't have a hot seat at all? There's no pressure on him to do something big this year?

Isn't there pressure for every coach to do something big every year?

Apparently it is a struggle to figure out, despite a million threads discussing and researching it, that it is an extremely rare occasion to fire a 9 win coach.....and I'm not sure Nebraska will venture into those waters again anytime soon.