Tea Party vs. the GOP Establishment

The really funny part is that we ALL know exactly what you're referring to when you use the term "tea bagger" and it sure as hell isn't the bags of Lipton hanging from their funny little hats. So yeah, it really is juvenile.

Hey, I generally agree. There is no reason to use derogatory terms for someone if their actions alone paint the picture of their own ridiculousness. I don't personally call them "teabaggers," I don't make fun of John Boehner's last name, I resisted the humor of "Bush and Dick" during the last Republican regime, and I don't objectify Sarah Palin for her looks. But if you adopt the teabag as your own symbol, you better be ready for ridicule.

I lump it in with all the other terms that get thrown around like democraps, libtards, rethuglicans, etc. It's derogatory and does absolutely nothing to further the conversation.

The really funny part is that we ALL know exactly what you're referring to when you use the term "tea bagger" and it sure as hell isn't the bags of Lipton hanging from their funny little hats. So yeah, it really is juvenile.

Hey, I generally agree. There is no reason to use derogatory terms for someone if their actions alone paint the picture of their own ridiculousness. I don't personally call them "teabaggers," I don't make fun of John Boehner's last name, I resisted the humor of "Bush and Dick" during the last Republican regime, and I don't objectify Sarah Palin for her looks. But if you adopt the teabag as your own symbol, you better be ready for ridicule.

I lump it in with all the other terms that get thrown around like democraps, libtards, rethuglicans, etc. It's derogatory and does absolutely nothing to further the conversation.

This was my point. It does absolutely nothing to facilitate bi-partisanship.

But it sure is fun

• Fire 1

There are people who don't like the Tea Party simply because they are good at sitting back listening and then calling you out to the extent that there is an uproar on both sides of the argument. There are people on all sides that are just plain ridiculous and unreasonable but I really don't think the Tea Party is a bad thing, and if you do then I would ask, What are you afraid of?

Neither does the Tea Party. That's their point.

Neither does the Tea Party. That's their point.

Wrong. The point is to belittle a party that they are ideologically opposed to. They do so by using childish, denigrating name calling.

There are people on all sides that are just plain ridiculous and unreasonable but I really don't think the Tea Party is a bad thing, and if you do then I would ask, What are you afraid of?

Ignorance. More particularly, willful ignorance among those who hold power.

No Doubt. Just like our Current Administration right?

There are people on all sides that are just plain ridiculous and unreasonable but I really don't think the Tea Party is a bad thing, and if you do then I would ask, What are you afraid of?

Ignorance. More particularly, willful ignorance among those who hold power.

No Doubt. Just like our Current Administration right?

No.

No I was comparing the Obama Administration to Ignorance. Like thinking that the majority of the people would allow a Government takeover of our personal rights....Such as The right to bear arms, Freedom of religion, and the right to choose our own healthcare and path to healthcare.