"Mt. Rushmore" of Husker QBs

XONYRIJKPAALFVK.20060830023210.JPG

Last time I checked, Tom Osborne is still with us so I would guess BROOKS DEATH isn't the ONLY reason there is a statue. I've been to Mt. Rushmore 4 times, yes I get why it's there. If your personal take away from the monument is that they were the 4 best presidents based solely off of what they did as president and not because of the overall legacies they left behind, then that's your take. I think it's bigger than that.

Brook is the best QB to EVER play for Nebraska!!!! There, now lets f'ing move on. You obviously don't know why that statue was made, what the meaning of the Mt Rushmore is for, or anything, so this discussion is pointless.

Settle down.

You know these debates about Brook almost become shameful the way you guys debate what made him a worthy QB or not.

He won a National Championship here at Nebraska, which makes him in an elite class already. He was also notorious for his kind heart, charitable work, being a great teammate, and a true competitor. What more can you ask of a Husker? Or of a man? A champion on and off the field. So why don't you guys just stop with the debate of what you think he's worthy of or not. He's worthy of our respect, and he lost his life at a young age. Leave it be.

Nowhere did I state he wasn't a good player. All I am saying, is he is not a top 5-10 QB to play for Nebraska. Could he have been? We don't know, because he NEVER got that chance, rather he was a GREAT fill in for Armstrong. The kid played with a broken rib and won us games, when we were clearly not favorited. His heart, determination and kindness is NOT being questioned or disgraced.

Last time I checked, Tom Osborne is still with us so I would guess BROOKS DEATH isn't the ONLY reason there is a statue. I've been to Mt. Rushmore 4 times, yes I get why it's there. If your personal take away from the monument is that they were the 4 best presidents based solely off of what they did as president and not because of the overall legacies they left behind, then that's your take. I think it's bigger than that.

Brook is the best QB to EVER play for Nebraska!!!! There, now lets f'ing move on. You obviously don't know why that statue was made, what the meaning of the Mt Rushmore is for, or anything, so this discussion is pointless.

When did I say he was the greatest QB to EVER play for Nebraska? Had he not been the primary backup to Frazier he may could have had a larger legacy as far as stats go. What your missing is the 4 posts where I've already said:

If all you want to take into account are wins and losses/yards and TD's then by all means leave Brook off the mountain.

You know these debates about Brook almost become shameful the way you guys debate what made him a worthy QB or not.

He won a National Championship here at Nebraska, which makes him in an elite class already. He was also notorious for his kind heart, charitable work, being a great teammate, and a true competitor. What more can you ask of a Husker? Or of a man? A champion on and off the field. So why don't you guys just stop with the debate of what you think he's worthy of or not. He's worthy of our respect, and he lost his life at a young age. Leave it be.

He could have left and been a starter elsewhere but he chose to stay here and be a backup. That's worthy of mention. I guess we shouldn't mention him at all by your logic?

If thats what you take away from what I said, then stop talking to me fella.

He could have left and been a starter elsewhere but he chose to stay here and be a backup. That's worthy of mention. I guess we shouldn't mention him at all by your logic?

If thas what you take away from what I said, then stop talking to me fella.

The reasons you mention are why I would personally include him on my list. Yet my debating why I would personally include him are somehow shameful?

http://www.nps.gov/moru/historyculture/why-these-four.htm

Why they are on the Rushmore, is BECAUSE of what they did in office.

George Washington, (1st president) led the colonists in the American Revolutionary War to win independence from Great Britain. He was the father of the new country and laid the foundation of American democracy. Because of his importance, Washington is the most prominent figure on the mountain. (1732-1799)

Thomas Jefferson, (3rd president) he was the author of the Declaration of Independence, a document which inspires democracies around the world. He also purchased the Louisiana Territory from France in 1803 which doubled the size of our country, adding all or part of fifteen present-day states. (1743-1826)

Theodore Roosevelt, (26th president) provided leadership when America experienced rapid economic growth as it entered the 20th Century. He was instrumental in negotiating the construction of the Panama Canal, linking the east and the west. He was known as the "trust buster" for his work to end large corporate monopolies and ensure the rights of the common working man. (1858-1919)

Abraham Lincoln, (16th president) held the nation together during its greatest trial, the Civil War. Lincoln believed his most sacred duty was the preservation of the union. It was his firm conviction that slavery must be abolished. (1809-1865).

I'm well aware of their tenures as president, but thanks for the history lesson I guess. I think you're the one filling the role as wall here.

We were supposed to offer thoughts as to who we would include on our Mt. Rushmore of Nebraska QB's yet my inclusion of the guy everyone should model their tenure off of isn't acceptable because of stats and now your trying to drive that point home by posting information of the actual Mt. Rushmore presidents? I think your missing the point.

Nowhere did I state he wasn't a good player. All I am saying, is he is not a top 5-10 QB to play for Nebraska. Could he have been? We don't know, because he NEVER got that chance, rather he was a GREAT fill in for Armstrong. The kid played with a broken rib and won us games, when we were clearly not favorited. His heart, determination and kindness is NOT being questioned or disgraced.

We agree, and I never said you said that.

You and Redux agree. He was a great Husker. He would put him on the "Husker Mt. Rushmore", you would not. You disagree, for different reasons, but you agree he was a damn good man. I just thought it could have been left at that.

Berringer didn't free any slaves and Lincoln sucked at running the option, so these comparisons are like super lame.

Yeah but Lincoln was a Pro Wrestler, I think that weighed in heavily towards his inclusion.

Its pretty simple really. I feel the overall legacy a QB leaves behind should be taken into consideration, Nick does not. If we want to make it simpler we can have two different monuments. One for the most statistically prolific QB's in Husker history and one for any player who made a huge impact on the program and it doesn't have to be limited to QB's.

Berringer didn't free any slaves and Lincoln sucked at running the option, so these comparisons are like super lame.

Yeah but Lincoln was a Pro Wrestler, I think that weighed in heavily towards his inclusion.

Its pretty simple really. I feel the overall legacy a QB leaves behind should be taken into consideration, Nick does not. If we want to make it simpler we can have two different monuments. One for the most statistically prolific QB's in Husker history and one for any player who made a huge impact on the program and it doesn't have to be limited to QB's.

Which is what I said in my first post.