"Mt. Rushmore" of Husker QBs

Obviously it was a team effort but this wasnt a Mt. Rushmore of teams or Linemen or Running Backs. It was of QBs. If you want to go off statistics alone then fine, leave Brook off. But if you want it to be based off impact each individual had then he should be a front runner.

Washington, Jefferson, Roosevelt and Lincoln werent put on the mountain because they won their elections in landslide victories.

Putting Brook Berringer on our Mount Rushmore would be like putting Thaddeus Stevens on the real Mount Rushmore.

A great man who helped another great man, but not part of the same discussion.

There's a point where sentiment gets weird and counter-productive. This is that point.

Looking at those who made the list and the "also receiving votes" made me realize 2 things:

1) We have had some straight up beasts at QB

2) We need to find the next great one. That is the key.

IMO, we haven't had the physical, put the team on my back, leader QB since Crouch. Stats don't mean as much without the W in the column.............. I am hoping TA or Stanton et al is ready, willing and more importantly able to replicate the QB's of days past.

3rd time I'll say it: If stats are all you are looking for then by all means leave Brook off.

If you are looking at career as a whole and what was accomplished during said tenure on and off the field and the lasting legacy that specific QB left on the program, Brook is a perfect candidate.

3rd time I'll say it: If stats are all you are looking for then by all means leave Brook off.

If you are looking at career as a whole and what was accomplished during said tenure on and off the field and the lasting legacy that specific QB left on the program, Brook is a perfect candidate.

Just not seeing enough on the field totals to justify it.

Yes, everyone has made it quite clear he didnt play enough games or break enough records. Whats funny is Brook is already immortalized in statue form yet its being debated if hes worthy of a the same honor.

Yes, everyone has made it quite clear he didnt play enough games or break enough records. Whats funny is Brook is already immortalized in statue form yet its being debated if hes worthy of a the same honor.

Different things, this is supposed to be the four greatest husker quarterbacks, Brook's statue isn't related to that.

• Fire 1

Your way off subject and don't even understand what is being said. The REASON Brook is in that statue, is BECAUSE of his death! A MEMORIAL of a GREAT man. He ISN'T the one of the most elite QB's to play at Nebraska. This is what the Mt Rushmore is about. Do you understand that yet?

The statue is meant as more of a piece of art, or decoration, than as an actual monument. However, the statue represents some of the qualities that are valued at the University of Nebraska, particularly in the Cornhusker’s football program (Huskers.com). Coach Osborne, when approached with the idea for a statue, did not want it to be of him alone (Huskers.com).

He also chose to have the player standing alongside him be Berringer instead of just making the player a nameless figure because, as Osborne himself said in an interview, “Brook's spirit epitomizes the sacrifices that so many small-town kids have made to make this program great. He was not a walk-on, but he symbolizes the efforts of so many of those kinds of players. His impact has been great … he made his mark here"

http://unlhistory.unl.edu/exhibits/show/monuments-of-memorial-stadium/brook-tom-statue

XONYRIJKPAALFVK.20060830023210.JPG

Last time I checked, Tom Osborne is still with us so I would guess BROOKS DEATH isn't the ONLY reason there is a statue. I've been to Mt. Rushmore 4 times, yes I get why it's there. If your personal take away from the monument is that they were the 4 best presidents based solely off of what they did as president and not because of the overall legacies they left behind, then that's your take. I think it's bigger than that.

You know these debates about Brook almost become shameful the way you guys debate what made him a worthy QB or not.

He won a National Championship here at Nebraska, which makes him in an elite class already. He was also notorious for his kind heart, charitable work, being a great teammate, and a true competitor. What more can you ask of a Husker? Or of a man? A champion on and off the field. So why don't you guys just stop with the debate of what you think he's worthy of or not. He's worthy of our respect, and he lost his life at a young age. Leave it be.

• Fire 1

XONYRIJKPAALFVK.20060830023210.JPG

Last time I checked, Tom Osborne is still with us so I would guess BROOKS DEATH isn't the ONLY reason there is a statue. I've been to Mt. Rushmore 4 times, yes I get why it's there. If your personal take away from the monument is that they were the 4 best presidents based solely off of what they did as president and not because of the overall legacies they left behind, then that's your take. I think it's bigger than that.

Brook is the best QB to EVER play for Nebraska!!!! There, now lets f'ing move on. You obviously don't know why that statue was made, what the meaning of the Mt Rushmore is for, or anything, so this discussion is pointless.

You know these debates about Brook almost become shameful the way you guys debate what made him a worthy QB or not.

He won a National Championship here at Nebraska, which makes him in an elite class already. He was also notorious for his kind heart, charitable work, being a great teammate, and a true competitor. What more can you ask of a Husker? Or of a man? A champion on and off the field. So why don't you guys just stop with the debate of what you think he's worthy of or not. He's worthy of our respect, and he lost his life at a young age. Leave it be.

He could have left and been a starter elsewhere but he chose to stay here and be a backup. That's worthy of mention. I guess we shouldn't mention him at all by your logic?