Worse fans of a team

I have been to just about every major programs field. Never, ever have I had the problems you guys talk about. Went to numerous Mizzou games, of course you get the cat calls, the digit, but that goes on at Nebraska.

My son, a Mizzou fan and his best friend were harassed at the last Nebraska game we attended. Of course they stomped our ass, was worried about the trip to the car, but no problems..

Been Austin and the Little Apple and had a ball with their fans. Lubbock reminded me so much of Nebraska in our early years. We got killed 70-10 and their fans apologized for it.

Most real college football fans are great people. Student sections, equals drunks, you get what ever you ask for there normally.

Lived in Colorado for a year, never heard a harsh word, never had my vehicles tampered with.

Lived in Memphis and Columbia SC. No problems ever. Attend SC and UCLA games regularly and never have a problem.

You get what you look for it seems.

I have been to just about every major programs field. Never, ever have I had the problems you guys talk about. Went to numerous Mizzou games, of course you get the cat calls, the digit, but that goes on at Nebraska.

My son, a Mizzou fan and his best friend were harassed at the last Nebraska game we attended. Of course they stomped our ass, was worried about the trip to the car, but no problems..

Been Austin and the Little Apple and had a ball with their fans. Lubbock reminded me so much of Nebraska in our early years. We got killed 70-10 and their fans apologized for it.

Most real college football fans are great people. Student sections, equals drunks, you get what ever you ask for there normally.

Lived in Colorado for a year, never heard a harsh word, never had my vehicles tampered with.

Lived in Memphis and Columbia SC. No problems ever. Attend SC and UCLA games regularly and never have a problem.

You get what you look for it seems.

I don't agree with the "student section means you are drunk" part but the rest I think is spot on. I think that lots of fans that get "harassed" are either overly sensitive OR they were looking for it (in the sense that one fan walking by and shouting GOOOOOO BUFFS, means you were harassed) OR they brought it on themselves by being an idiot

Ex: When Indiana beat Nebraska a few weeks back...we were drunk and leaving the BlattBar...we saw the Indiana players and said congrats and walked to our car...one old Hoosier fan yelled out "Yeah, where were you guys when everyone was yelling GOOOO BIG RED"

So, that fan was butthurt, but is that really a big deal, fans yelling GO BIG RED...not really...but that fan will go home and tell everyone how Husker fans are jerks.

It's really quite comical. The overall infatuation is incredible.

So is the infatuation with justifying our fandom and the mocking of others.

I truly do not understand why so many people have to do it. We're. Nebraska, let's just focus on fixing us

I think the infatuation was directed at their hate towards us, not their infatuation with their team. Fanbases beating on our mascot is justifiable to mock them. Fanbases throwing things at others is justifiable to mock them.

Sorry, this discussion has nothing to do with Bo or our programs direction.

But he had to at least try to turn it that way.

Are you guys freaking serious?

I in. No way brought up the head coach of Nebraska. I instead offered up the thought, and a healthy one at that, that we as a fanbase stop openly looking to mock others and prop ourselves up as some kind of paragon of virtue of true fandom.

When Nebraska was good, well I can tell you no one gave two squirts of piss about how classy we were.

It seems desperate to try and hang on to the " well, they can't win the right way" attitude as we shuffle out of, say, Madison after a 28 point loss.

This is what I'm saying.

I could not care less with any class level of fan, I'd rather focus on how Nebraska can regroup

• Fire 2

We lost a kid to Ole Miss, now the kid is a low life, and the school is cheating. They have to be, said so at least ten times in the quote.

Just maybe the kid liked the grove, like the southern girls. Been there several times, a lot of eye candy in much warmer weather. A team on the rise they claim. Damned near filled the CWS. Strong fan base.'

'

I could care less if we got him, but throwing everyone else under the bus because we didn't says volumes about your age and attitude.

• Fire 1

We lost a kid to Ole Miss, now the kid is a low life, and the school is cheating. They have to be, said so at least ten times in the quote.

Just maybe the kid liked the grove, like the southern girls. Been there several times, a lot of eye candy in much warmer weather. A team on the rise they claim. Damned near filled the CWS. Strong fan base.'

'

I could care less if we got him, but throwing everyone else under the bus because we didn't says volumes about your age and attitude.

Ignorance is bliss.

I can only imagine what Bama fans are like.

I know most everyone seen this after bowl season but here you go! Pretty nice looking gal but LOL...

And the Second civil war was started!

Are you guys freaking serious?

I in. No way brought up the head coach of Nebraska. I instead offered up the thought, and a healthy one at that, that we as a fanbase stop openly looking to mock others and prop ourselves up as some kind of paragon of virtue of true fandom.

When Nebraska was good, well I can tell you no one gave two squirts of piss about how classy we were.

It seems desperate to try and hang on to the " well, they can't win the right way" attitude as we shuffle out of, say, Madison after a 28 point loss.

This is what I'm saying.

I could not care less with any class level of fan, I'd rather focus on how Nebraska can regroup

Ok, my apologies. I thought you were referring to some sort of internal issues with the folks in charge. Guess I was thrown off by this:

It's really quite comical. The overall infatuation is incredible.

So is the infatuation with justifying our fandom and the mocking of others.

I truly do not understand why so many people have to do it. We're. Nebraska, let's just focus on fixing us

Yes we as a fanbase have a sometimes unhealthy fixation with our team, and some people take it too far with recruits or players. But overall we are pretty passionate about our team and cordial towards others. Every place has its bad apples.

Not quite, ignorant would be accusing because your panties are in a wad, no proof, no past history of proof. Saying all SEC teams are cheaters is the easy way out for failing to be at their level, again high on the ignorance scale. When you have proof, you can run your mouth, other than that a fan just shows his A$$.

I guess I don't really care about fans and their "class". There are passionate fanbases, in which there are some bad people in every one. Some of the most vile things I've heard, racially and profanity wise, I've heard sitting in Memorial Stadium from people wearing red. And they crossed under the "greatest fans" plaque just as I did that day. Follow @bestfansstlouis on twitter if you want to see that hypocrisy of the "greatest baseball fans" that spew some vile sh#t while cheering for the Cardinals.

This whole thing isn't really a thing, is what I'm saying.

Not quite, ignorant would be accusing because your panties are in a wad, no proof, no past history of proof. Saying all SEC teams are cheaters is the easy way out for failing to be at their level, again high on the ignorance scale. When you have proof, you can run your mouth, other than that a fan just shows his A$$.

Well, they're currently under investigation for recruiting violations, so......

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/69829-meet-the-bag-man-by-sbnation/

How about this thread? Here is the story:

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/4/10/5594348/college-football-bag-man-interview

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/69829-meet-the-bag-man-by-sbnation/

How about this thread? Here is the story:

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/4/10/5594348/college-football-bag-man-interview

Yes but no one seemed to mind this kid's possible character issues when Nebraska appeared to have the inside track. Now he's a guy who will take the easy way out and doesn't want to work hard. I think that's more of skers' point.

To say nothing of the questionable contact Nebraska's staff undoubtedly made while he was still enrolled at UW.

EDIT: random thought, why are we talking about this in this thread?