Welcome Maryland and Rutgers

Dear Maryland and Rutgers,

Thank you for your TV markets.

Yes, so hopefully now the B1G can target 2 football schools that may or may not carry a big tv market.

Any legitimate football school outside of the B1G footprint would bring with it at least a couple hundred thousand sets of eyes. Just saying...

Dear Maryland and Rutgers,

Thank you for your TV markets.

Yes, so hopefully now the B1G can target 2 football schools that may or may not carry a big tv market.

Any legitimate football school outside of the B1G footprint would bring with it at least a couple hundred thousand sets of eyes. Just saying...

But then you're splitting the money pool with two more teams, so they need to bring more value in than they would get paid.

• 10 months later...

Sounds like they will definitely be Big Ten favorites with the guys they have coming back. It has to give you some National title buzz.

From what I've read, most Maryland fans were and are for the Big Ten.

1. They will get more money for their non-revenue sports

2. They hate Penn State and should get more excited about that football game over anything on the ACC schedule

3. They were put in a division apart from the only schools they cared about in the ACC so playing Duke, Carolina and UVA wasn't going to happen every year anyway

I'm still baffled by Maryland and Rutgers even being members of the Big 10 to be honest. I get that it allows the conference East coast exposure but geographically it's just weird. Missouri and even Oklahoma would have made much more sense but I realize it's all about the dollar.