BTN: Top B1G Linebacking Corps

1. Nebraska. This group took some lumps in recent years but now looks primed to excel. Athletic ability and speed abound. Michael Rose will work inside. Zaire Anderson—maybe the most consistent of the bunch–and David Santos—who used to work inside–are on the flanks. Josh Banderas and Trevor Roach are quality reserves.

Link

The talent is all there IMO. They really started to gel as a unit toward the end of the year. I think we still need Rose to step up even more as a leader, but if they build on last year, improve their tackling and communication, I think we could earn this number one ranking.

I personally think Rose is the most well-rounded LB of the bunch. However, Zaire is definitely the best tackler.

I'd switch those those statements around.

Santos is horrible, what is this writer smoking?

Really??? Once they moved him from the MIKE to his natural WILL linebacker position, I (and many others) thought he looked pretty good. Not to mention he's only going to be a junior, and we've NEVER seen anybody improve in their last two years of playing......... :sarcasm

This group needs to make big strides to live up those expectations.

He's not horrible, but he has been pretty underwhelming. I think we can chalk that up to the fact that he played out of position for most of last season, but you never really know. I think he'll be a lot better once he's on the outside and Michael Rose or Bando is on the inside.

He's not horrible, but he has been pretty underwhelming. I think we can chalk that up to the fact that he played out of position for most of last season, but you never really know. I think he'll be a lot better once he's on the outside and Michael Rose or Bando is on the inside.

Santos gets lots of tackles for being to slow to stay with his guy in coverage. I can't recall all the times I saw a HB run a in/out route from the back field and find himself wide open against Santos.

Santos gets lots of tackles for being to slow to stay with his guy in coverage. I can't recall all the times I saw a HB run a in/out route from the back field and find himself wide open against Santos.

He's definitely bad in coverage. Santos is a good run stopper, though. If you can find a way to mark his deficiencies in the passing game, he could be pretty good.

The last play of the season (minus the victory formation) was Santos getting beat on an in route by Arthur Lynch, who pretty much had his way with us all day. Luckily for David, he dropped it when it mattered most.