BTN: Top B1G Linebacking Corps

From what I remember Anderson was almost never on the field on passing downs,but if he can improve his coverage ability it will greatly help the defense since neither rose or Santos impressed in coverage last year, both both Santos and rose are young and have plenty of time and room for improvement. This could be one kick ass group of linebackers

I personally think Rose is the most well-rounded LB of the bunch. However, Zaire is definitely the best tackler.

I'd switch those those statements around.

Santos is horrible, what is this writer smoking?

Really??? Once they moved him from the MIKE to his natural WILL linebacker position, I (and many others) thought he looked pretty good. Not to mention he's only going to be a junior, and we've NEVER seen anybody improve in their last two years of playing......... :sarcasm

A switcheroo?? Not so fast my friend. Rose had a nose for the football. Trust me...Anderson needs to get better in coverage. They both are solid LBS though and can't wait to see how Anderson does in his final year here.

Rose is outstanding. Best LB on this team. Will NOT be happy if I see Bando getting the nod in front of him this season. Bando was very unimpressive IMO last year - big and SLOW. Very, very slow.

Edit: Alright, comment. I ease up on the slow and replace it with agile - the kid just can't adjust. His hips don't seem fluid. Sure, Bando will come down in a hurry and meet you on the line and truck a kid no problem. But I got so sick of one little move being enough to watch him faceplant into no one.

I don't see why you guys are hyped about Santos. He seemed pretty average even after moving to his new spot. Also, someone needs to teach our LBs how to cover. We seemed to have a hard time covering TEs.

I concur...Santos has definitely struggled, however, he did step it up a bit once he got into his position at outside LB.

The fact that the staff tries to sell us Bando over Rose is just beyond ridiculous and a waste of time. I saw who deserves to be out there and without question it's Michael. Santos will come along. He dropped 10 lbs and is ready to build on the WILL. He has the talent to be good, he just needs to work on his hips and I think the weight drop will help that. I never saw what made Banderas a "stud", his high school tape had me yawning and made little splash plays when he was out there. He does look good physically. We will have to wait and see.

Rose is outstanding. Best LB on this team. Will NOT be happy if I see Bando getting the nod in front of him this season. Bando was very unimpressive IMO last year - big and SLOW. Very, very slow.

Edit: Alright, comment. I ease up on the slow and replace it with agile - the kid just can't adjust. His hips don't seem fluid. Sure, Bando will come down in a hurry and meet you on the line and truck a kid no problem. But I got so sick of one little move being enough to watch him faceplant into no one.

Bando IS NOT athletically slow. He is pretty fast for someone his size. But, he was very young and inexperienced on the field and that made him slow to react. I think if he doesn't let the off the field crap control him now I think he will end up being one hell of a LB for us. Also I can't wait to see Newby, I know they have some rush end type plans for him but still I am really excited to see him.

"Joining Anderson as a likely starter and another bright spot is Michael Rose. Rose came on strong as a freshman and was named a Big Ten All-Freshman player by BTN.

He also notched a Nebraska football freshman record of 66 tackles. It’s hard not to be impressed with a player like that coming into only his second year in the program." -Bienka

http://huskercorner.com/2014/07/11/huskers-football-blackshirts-front-seven-provides-optimism-for-2014/