Israeli military gets revenge.

Israel's killed plenty of Palestinians, to be sure, but not a significant number relative to the whole. My point is that the destruction of the Jewish state (and presumably, her people) is an expressed goal of Hamas, multiple middle eastern governments, and just about every Islamist militant group/terrorist organization. We're talking about heavy-handed crackdowns that kill dozens vs an expressed desire for the genocide of 6 million people.

Right . . . we're just talking about a few heavy-handed crackdowns that kill dozens (or hundreds . . . or thousands) vs. an expressed desire to kill 6 million.

Why care about actual deaths when there are upsetting words?

cvXq3UR.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli%E2%80%93Palestinian_conflict

Israel's killed plenty of Palestinians, to be sure, but not a significant number relative to the whole. My point is that the destruction of the Jewish state (and presumably, her people) is an expressed goal of Hamas, multiple middle eastern governments, and just about every Islamist militant group/terrorist organization. We're talking about heavy-handed crackdowns that kill dozens vs an expressed desire for the genocide of 6 million people.

Right . . . we're just talking about a few heavy-handed crackdowns that kill dozens (or hundreds . . . or thousands) vs. an expressed desire to kill 6 million.

cvXq3UR.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli%E2%80%93Palestinian_conflict

And pretty much the same number of people were murdered in Chicago over the same stretch of time. Is the South Side of Chicago an existential threat to the American people?

That is the clear distinction I'm trying to make here: one side tends to overreact to provocations and a significant number of people get hurt. The other has racial genocide on their minds and makes no secret about it.

cvXq3UR.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli–Palestinian_conflict

Quit f'ing with Israel and you wouldn't have that problem.

And pretty much the same number of people were murdered in Chicago over the same stretch of time. Is the South Side of Chicago an existential threat to the American people?

That is the clear distinction I'm trying to make here: one side tends to overreact to provocations and a significant number of people get hurt. The other has racial genocide on their minds and makes no secret about it.

The more important question is whether it's an existential threat to the people who were killed. That sort of answers itself, doesn't it?

cvXq3UR.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli–Palestinian_conflict

Quit f'ing with Israel and you wouldn't have that problem.

I've little doubt that many would say that if Israel quit f'ing with Palestine and they wouldn't have that problem.

You aren't familiar with the facts if you think that there are clean hands in that mess.

• Fire 1

You are probably right carlfense about the clean hands issue but its not quite as simple as you are making it sound either. Like I said, this war has been forever and the mentality of those who have no bones about genocide of the Jewish population is not just an assumption either.

Besides politicians, there are many in the religious/evangelical community believe that their faith requires support for Israel - thus you also have the religious right (and perhaps left as many Jewish voters in American tend to be more left wing) who place pressure on politicians to support Israel at all costs.

Israel will nuke it's neighbors before it gets overrun by the same.

These Hatfield and McCoys go way back to the days & stories of Ismael and Isaac

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ishmael

Greatest myth of all time

this didn't start until 1948

It was Turkish land for 600 years. Before that it was Roman land.

Atheist Jews got the land in the 20th century and started the ethnic cleansing.

It is a RACIAL apartheid state. The U.S. needs to cut ties with "Israel" but we know that would never happen because of all the money politicians are guaranteed with their support of the apartheid.

You aren't familiar with the facts if you think that there are clean hands in that mess.

That both sides have done wrong shouldn't be an excuse to declare their actions morally equivalent, throw up our hands and declare a pox on both houses.

Besides politicians, there are many in the religious/evangelical community believe that their faith requires support for Israel - thus you also have the religious right (and perhaps left as many Jewish voters in American tend to be more left wing) who place pressure on politicians to support Israel at all costs.

It is a RACIAL apartheid state. The U.S. needs to cut ties with "Israel" but we know that would never happen because of all the money politicians are guaranteed with their support of the apartheid.

Generally, population trends in Israel reflect distinct patterns of three sub-groups: Mainstream Jews (around 63.3% of the population), Haredi Jews (11.7%), and Arabs (20.7%).[5] Over the past decade, the Arab annual population growth has fallen significantly from around 3% to less than 2.2% by 2013,[6] while the overall Jewish growth rate rose from around 1.4% to 1.7%, primarily due to the expanding Haredi sector.[7]

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Israel

Pretty sure they aren't all atheist, when searching your claim I got David Duke and other anti-Semites but no real good source.

To be clear here Woody, 1948 is when we (the USA) first recognized Israel as a state. Or is that what you meant by saying start?

What you were referring to Hatfield and McCoy's comment was based on the on-going East conflict since forever.

You are probably right carlfense about the clean hands issue but its not quite as simple as you are making it sound either. Like I said, this war has been forever and the mentality of those who have no bones about genocide of the Jewish population is not just an assumption either.

You think that I'm making it sound simple? I don't think that I'm making it sound simple.

That both sides have done wrong shouldn't be an excuse to declare their actions morally equivalent, throw up our hands and declare a pox on both houses.

I don't think that I've said a pox on both their houses. I just don't see Israel as an innocent bystander who deserves our undying fealty.

The "who loves Israel more" political posturing that we are subjected to every 4 years is ridiculous. It's time that we start worrying a bit more about what is best for the US.

• Fire 1

Generally, population trends in Israel reflect distinct patterns of three sub-groups: Mainstream Jews (around 63.3% of the population), Haredi Jews (11.7%), and Arabs (20.7%).[5] Over the past decade, the Arab annual population growth has fallen significantly from around 3% to less than 2.2% by 2013,[6] while the overall Jewish growth rate rose from around 1.4% to 1.7%, primarily due to the expanding Haredi sector.[7]

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Israel

Pretty sure they aren't all atheist, when searching your claim I got David Duke and other anti-Semites but no real good source.

People who hate the U.S. don't hate the average man. They hate Obama, Bush,Clinton,etc. They hate Rockefellers and the like.

Look at the LEADERS of "Israel"...David Ben-Gurion, Golda Meir, Ben Netanyahu,etc,etc...

They aren't followers of Judaism. Look up Theodor Herzl. ZIONISM doesn't equal JUDAISM

do these guys look like David Duke?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOfmRyxdMKQ

(snip) It's time that we start worrying a bit more about what is best for the US.

Right, like staying on good terms with Israel. Knapp pointed it out earlier, but it bears repeating: Israel--at least Israel's nukes--can not fall into the hands of people who could use them to attack the United States. The US needs to continue its support of Israel until Israel no longer faces a threat (hint: forever).

Re: the rest of this:

Hamas's attack on Israel is weak at best; not a single Israeli life was lost due to rockets. But Israel can not simply ignore the attacks, and it is not their fault for having a stronger arsenal and better infrastructure than Hamas. It's unfortunate that innocent lives are being lost for a nonsensical and unsubscribed to (at least in the minds of the victims) purpose. I agree that no side is innocent in the matter and saying "it is what it is" is rather blunt. But it is what it is: sometimes you have the play the hand you are dealt.

To be clear here Woody, 1948 is when we (the USA) first recognized Israel as a state. Or is that what you meant by saying start?

What you were referring to Hatfield and McCoy's comment was based on the on-going East conflict since forever.

1948 was the year they declared independence. that's what I meant.

There has been conflicts in the Middle East before but nothing major since the Turks attacked the Middle East when it was Roman land(and then Europe's unsuccessful attempt to regain the land afterwards but pushing them out of Iberia) and certainly nothing major involving Jews and/or self-proclaimed Jews.

Nevertheless, the U.S. is supporting an Apartheid state and it needs to stop.

Just imagine someone from Europe claiming ancestry from Lincoln,Nebraska and forcing you out of you town and home because a great granddaddy lived there 2000 years ago....its madness...