KU Game

Collier did today what no coach in the 228 game history of NU-KU basketball accomplished...

the WORST DEFEAT...42 points !!!!

CONGRATULATIONS COACH COLLIER !!!!!

This man CANNOT coach at this level...we will hear from other ocaches what a great coach he is, etc. because they know a "pigeon" when they see one.

Pederson needs to wake up and quit sending out his little lackey Marc Boehm to tell us what a "bang up" job Collier is doing.

Listen to what the Cyclone fans chanted at the end of the game the other night...

"THANKS FOR COMING"

Please say "goodbye" Barry and leave town with some 'semblance of dignity....you did the best you could you just did not have what it takes.

Im sorry, but alot of the players out there dont deserve to play division one basketball, and it's not because of talent (though we could use a bit more of it.) These guys arent even running the f'ing floor. If Collier should be gone for any reason, its for not getting these guys to realize that 90% of basketball games at the division one level are won by the team that realizes that sacrifice is what wins games. Maric is one of the few execeptions, and that doesnt help when it is the guards who are supposed to be the ones gettting back on D first. No heart, no want, no wins, and that is ultimately a reflection of the coach who brought these guys here. We need someone else.

Im sorry, but alot of the players out there dont deserve to play division one basketball, and it's not because of talent (though we could use a bit more of it.) These guys arent even running the f'ing floor. If Collier should be gone for any reason, its for not getting these guys to realize that 90% of basketball games at the division one level are won by the team that realizes that sacrifice is what wins games. Maric is one of the few execeptions, and that doesnt help when it is the guards who are supposed to be the ones gettting back on D first. No heart, no want, no wins, and that is ultimately a reflection of the coach who brought these guys here. We need someone else.

Well put. The players have to WANT to win before they actually can win. The Creighton and Kansas games were Amtrak derailments right in front of our very eyes. Collier does not seem to consistently be able to motivate the players to play a good game night in and night out. It is painful to watch. I wonder if pederson has called Altman yet.

I have to apologize....the Husker fiasco in Lawrence yesterday was only the SECOND WORST DEFEAT !!!!

Seems that in 1958 the Jayhawks spanked the Huskers by 56....which is the worst defeat in school history.

The 42 point disaster yesterday was a tie for the 4th worst loss in NU history.

The good thing is that the season isn't over and Collier can set a goal of achieving the worst loss in history...unless sanity reigns and the university tells Collier to pack it in for the rest of the year and fires him immediately.

Go for it Collier your coaching genius can still accomplish even more mediocrity with a little more/less effort.

I thought COllier would be a good hire back in 00 when he first got the job, and everyone was willing to give him time it looked like. Honestly though, it is hard to say. that any one team is better than the other. The Kimani Ffriend led team to this one....the end result is the same. And by the way; Joe McCray, you are not Kobe Bryant, you are not even Doug Christie. Stop cranking out shots before the offense is set up.

GOd it even looks to me like all of these kids are too slow to play any basketball anywhere at this level.

I am not going to back Collier, but who does anyone actually think we can draw here? Certainly not anyone like an altman or a roy williams (not that they are comprable). I just don't see us getting a great coach in here, and that is what we need. BBall isn't a big draw here, and i am just depressed now so im just gonna stop talking.

why cant we be good? :cry

Nebraska can be a good team, it seems at certain games we just fall apart.

No reason why Oklahoma, Texas and be successful at basketball and football and NU can't. Heck even Texas is successful at baseball as well, so make that 3 sports, not just 2. Other teams successful at both sports include West Virginia, Pittsburgh (although they were down this year in football because of a new coach), Wisconsin, Ohio St, UCLA, and Florida just to name a few.

Ya, but i see that as the problem. We are fairweather bball fans. When we had a couple of votes b4 the iowa state game, the devany was lookin red. Then by halftime, fans started leaving. One woman next to me (i got there late due to class and had to sit in the stands) said "its kinds hot in here, lets leave honey." It is fans like this which made me upset. Now lets see how many fans are in the devany. I just think we would be better off if more people supported bball like they do volleyball, baseball, and football. show a little love.

"its kinds hot in here, lets leave honey."

That's almost as bad as some football fans I heard this past season. I worked with a guy who left after we were loosing to KSU with only a few mins left. He missed the winning FG and the celebration of a bowl berth. I do NOT understand why people go to games that do not want to see the entire thing. Be a fan, watch the entire game.