Offense: Simpler + Faster = Better?

Offense: Simpler + Faster = Easier to predict for defense, a lot of 3 and outs, and our defense being on the field ALOT again??

No more than what has been norm the past few years I wouldn't think. I'm hoping the intent is to be able execute few plays to perfection rather than many adequately. More rex power toss and less of our QBs being the offensive cordinatoe on the field

Here is my view of the "simpler" offense. With a veteran QB in Martinez, Beck thought the offense could handle being more complex and more "multiple". When TMart got hurt last year, we saw the offense bog down and the backup QBs struggles with the complexity.

I think Beck and Bo went back to the drawing board and said, "let's make sure we can run our best plays the best that we can" and we will go with that. There is no use having a play that you might use 1 or 2 times in a season. It takes away reps from your most successful plays.

Here is my view of the "simpler" offense. With a veteran QB in Martinez, Beck thought the offense could handle being more complex and more "multiple". When TMart got hurt last year, we saw the offense bog down and the backup QBs struggles with the complexity.

I think Beck and Bo went back to the drawing board and said, "let's make sure we can run our best plays the best that we can" and we will go with that. There is no use having a play that you might use 1 or 2 times in a season. It takes away reps from your most successful plays.

Yep...that is pretty much it.

Yep...that is pretty much it.

Agree

I don't know who you're referring to, but people have opinions and stuff.

Perhaps picking up the pace could cause turnovers, but we do that already anyway, right? We might as well go super fast while we do it so we can at least tire out the defense and maybe find some holes or missed assignments because of it.

I think people who are still complaining are more on the side of having made up their mind that they want a coaching change. That's fine, it's an opinion shared by many really, and they have a right to that opinion. I don't think I'm there yet, but I haven't been impressed by some of the coaching so far. Personally though, I'm actually impressed by the things I've heard this offseason. I've heard things from coaches and players about making changes and doing things that to be honest, myself and a few others here have been begging for. Nearly word for word with some of the comments made here. No, we're not experts here by any means, but these coaches aren't either. These guys are young and inexperienced, still learning and a evolving. It is motivating to me to hear these guys letting go of some of the stubborn B.S. and opening their minds to find ways to be successful. Now I'm just kind of in wait and see mode to see if this is all talk, or an actual change in approach. We will be able to tell fairly quickly I'm sure.