Venric Mark leaving Northwestern

Schills22

A school official said that when Mark met with reporters Tuesday, he did not know he actually would be departing.
That leads to logical questions: Was it Mark’s choice to leave? Did he violate team rules a second time?
Mark did not return a phone call or text message seeking comment.
It’s also unclear whether he will be eligible to play this season.

LINK

Well that makes things clear as mud. I guess we'll find out eventually. I'm guessing he lost his eligibility for some reason. At least he's going to graduate from Northwestern. At present he's only one class shy of getting his sheepskin.

ICYMI: Former #NWestern star RB Venric Mark is transferring to West Texas A&M (FREE) http://ow.ly/AFvxt

I wish sometimes these kids would get really good advise to look farther down the line than the immediate future.

I fully understand his grandmother being ill and I'm sure he is close to her. But, this decision has huge ramifications on the rest of his life and career after he is done with football and college. Having a close family relationship is important. But, this could affect the next 50-60 years of his life.

ICYMI: Former #NWestern star RB Venric Mark is transferring to West Texas A&M (FREE) http://ow.ly/AFvxt

I wish sometimes these kids would get really good advise to look farther down the line than the immediate future.

I fully understand his grandmother being ill and I'm sure he is close to her. But, this decision has huge ramifications on the rest of his life and career after he is done with football and college. Having a close family relationship is important. But, this could affect the next 50-60 years of his life.

I agree wholeheartedly with the sentiment. But in this situation Venric is leaving Evanston with his Northwestern degree in hand. Or at least that's what is says in this article: LINK

(I think you're talking about him getting a degree at NW versus West Texas A&M, right?)

He will be getting his degree from Northwestern. He could have stayed but chose to leave. Without Mark and Christian Jones, the Wildcats will be the ones needing a lucky touchdown on Oct 18.

At any rate, it is good to hear that he got his degree (from Northwestern no less) and will likely have a bright future after football is no longer an option. Good luck to him and his family.

He will be getting his degree from Northwestern. He could have stayed but chose to leave. Without Mark and Christian Jones, the Wildcats will be the ones needing a lucky touchdown on Oct 18.

Good.

So....this would mean that he would be able to transfer to even a Div 1 school and not have to sit out a year. I wonder why he went to such a small program. Is this basically in his home town where his family is?

• 6 months later...