Huskers in this week's SI

I wish I was given the "go" to eat 6k calories each day! Although I'd probably blow it all on pizza and ice cream; glad RG4 appears to have been more efficient with his caloric intake.

I watched a documentary called Generation Iron...It is about bodybuilding and what they go through just to make it to the Mr. Olympia meet. Those dudes take in 9k+ calories a day and it is all low fat foods.

There are bike rides that I take that are 2000+ calorie burners according to Strava every weekend. Even though I can eat anything I want to at the age of 41 and still retain my TDF physique, I tend to snack on energy bars, and protein shakes as desert because pizza and icecream junk foods are not good fuels when you are exerting yourself for hours at a time. They sit in your stomach like an uncomfortable brick.

Don't tell that to Michael Phelps!

I wish I could even eat 4000 calories a day. I eat 3000 and I put on a couple pounds in a week. Want to trade genes Randy?

I read an article that stated Phelps would eat 25,000 calories a day when training because training in cold water burns even more calories than if he were in the open air. I can't even imagine what I would eat to consume that many calories.

I even laugh at you guys. I run and bike quite a bit. At 47 I try to stay around 1,500 calories per day or I gain weight.

I wish I was given the "go" to eat 6k calories each day! Although I'd probably blow it all on pizza and ice cream; glad RG4 appears to have been more efficient with his caloric intake.

I watched a documentary called Generation Iron...It is about bodybuilding and what they go through just to make it to the Mr. Olympia meet. Those dudes take in 9k+ calories a day and it is all low fat foods.

There are bike rides that I take that are 2000+ calorie burners according to Strava every weekend. Even though I can eat anything I want to at the age of 41 and still retain my TDF physique, I tend to snack on energy bars, and protein shakes as desert because pizza and icecream junk foods are not good fuels when you are exerting yourself for hours at a time. They sit in your stomach like an uncomfortable brick.

Don't tell that to Michael Phelps!

I wish I could even eat 4000 calories a day. I eat 3000 and I put on a couple pounds in a week. Want to trade genes Randy?

I read an article that stated Phelps would eat 25,000 calories a day when training because training in cold water burns even more calories than if he were in the open air. I can't even imagine what I would eat to consume that many calories.

I even laugh at you guys. I run and bike quite a bit. At 47 I try to stay around 1,500 calories per day or I gain weight.

The trick is to cycle competitively. ;) To keep up with others in your CAT (category) you are forced to put in some serious miles at a race pace or you will get trounced...or what they called being "dropped". Once you get your body into great shape it becomes a calorie consuming machine even at rest. It is not about genetics, it is all about calories burned compared to what you take in. I also have a theory that your body can only process x,xxx calories a day so anything more just gets pooped out. I have seen and raced against several competitive cyclists in their 60's who had the body of a very in shape 30 year old. If I was restricted to a 1500 calorie my power would suffer as well as looking like a guest at a Auscwitz camp.

The trick is to cycle competitively. ;) To keep up with others in your CAT (category) you are forced to put in some serious miles at a race pace or you will get trounced...or what they called being "dropped". Once you get your body into great shape it becomes a calorie consuming machine even at rest. It is not about genetics, it is all about calories burned compared to what you take in. I also have a theory that your body can only process x,xxx calories a day so anything more just gets pooped out. I have seen and raced against several competitive cyclists in their 60's who had the body of a very in shape 30 year old. If I was restricted to a 1500 calorie my power would suffer as well as looking like a guest at a Auscwitz camp.

I have three teenagers and a fairly demanding job. I have time to bike maybe once per week for maybe 20 miles. I run 2-3 times per week then.

Now...when I was running triathlons at age 30?? Bring on the food baby.... :horns

We had like 74 different injuries to that line last year. We had guys starting games at RT and ending at LG. We lost how many games due to injury over the course of the year, but still finished 19th in Rushing.

We were 8th in 2012. 15th in 2011.

It's pretty safe to say we're not "rebuilding." More like needing guys not to get their knees destroyed on freak plays.

Just because some dude writes the word "rebuilding" doesn't mean we are.

If the Huskers surprise people (outside of Nebraska, of course) it'll be due to the offensive line. Nearly every pre-season profile for the Huskers I've seen dings our potential because we have to "rebuild" our offensive line, without noting what our offensive line situation looked like last year.

I am reporting all you guys and getting your posts moved to the tangent thread. Stay on topic people! :lol:

Why is Tommy looking at his hand he should be looking at his target! No wonder the threw a pick there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know and Nick Marshall is pointing at Ameer saying " Look at him jumping guys, thats cool "

• Fire 1

I am reporting all you guys and getting your posts moved to the tangent thread. Stay on topic people! :lol:

Why is Tommy looking at his hand he should be looking at his target! No wonder the threw a pick there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know and Nick Marshall is pointing at Ameer saying " Look at him jumping guys, thats cool "

we cool then?

we cool then?

Damn Straight