Espn is a joke

Dagerow

What's funny is that I saw this thread, and then I saw where people are still upset that College Gameday isn't a lock for Lincoln in the other thread.

If ESPN is such a joke, why are people freaking out if GameDay proper will be in town?

National exposure. Brand image. If you wanna be the best unfortunately you have to as well in the medias eyes. And just because I don't like vast majority of shows on espn doesn't mean I don't like watching college gameday every Saturday. They usually have a good story or two and it's interesting listening to picks.

I watch a bit of the show this morning before work. My favorite segment was when they talked about MSU and Wisconsin playing Oregon and LSU. The question was would beating those teams give MSU and Wiskey a boost towards the playoffs. They said yes unless LSU and Oregon them proved to be not very good. They basically implied that if MSU and Wisconsin won those games that LSU and Oregon were going to be 4 loss teams this year.

I like ESPN.

Never understood the hatred.

SportCenter is good for highlights from all over the world of sports. If I want something specific, immediately, I go to the internet.

If I'm judging ESPN against other networks trying to fill airtime 24/7, they come out ahead.

30 for 30 is generally outstanding.

BTN gives Nebraska less love than ESPN.

No national media will appease the local fanbase. ESPN is solid on the NBA, NFL and MLB. They get spread thin on the NCAA.

BTN gives Nebraska less love than ESPN

Not sure if you've been watching recently, it's been a Nebraska lovefest on BTN.

Actually I haven't. I was remembering last year when I was pretty jacked on the Husker's chances, and the BTN crew treated Nebraska as an afterthought. Among the Northwesterns and Iowas, but not the Big 10 royalty of Michigan, Ohio State, Wisconsin or MSU. Dismissive at best. Although not inaccurate.

I'm buying BTN from Dish this week (I cancel when it's not football season)

Not sure if you've been watching recently, it's been a Nebraska lovefest on BTN.

Actually I haven't. I was remembering last year when I was pretty jacked on the Husker's chances, and the BTN crew treated Nebraska as an afterthought. Among the Northwesterns and Iowas, but not the Big 10 royalty of Michigan, Ohio State, Wisconsin or MSU. Dismissive at best. Although not inaccurate.

So you were sucking koolaid by the gallon and they made what proved to be a dead-on accurate assessment of our team. Damn them!!!

• Fire 2

Success combined with lack of competition breeds excessive complacency. This is ESPN.

yup. i have been agreeing with you a lot lately count.

the one thing that really annoys me about espn is when they criticize "media coverage". they are the media coverage of sports and drive everyone's narrative.

Success combined with lack of competition breeds excessive complacency. This is ESPN.

yup. i have been agreeing with you a lot lately count.

the one thing that really annoys me about espn is when they criticize "media coverage". they are the media coverage of sports and drive everyone's narrative.

They stole that from the Fox News playbook.

So you were sucking koolaid by the gallon and they made what proved to be a dead-on accurate assessment of our team. Damn them!!!

If you'll note my first paragraph, I gave BTN points for accuracy.

It took awhile for me to get used to Nebraska not being in the national championship discussion. It was hard when we didn't come up in the conference championships discussion. It honestly took me by surprise when BTN made us an afterthought in our six team division.