Football student tickets remain on sale

Now, it is almost like the administration thinks the students are an after thought and really don't matter. What they don't understand is that these are their future donors. These are the next generation of fans who instill in THEIR kids what it's like to be a Husker fan.

Not to mention, at least in my opinion, that the team belongs to the students more than it belongs to anyone else. No students = no university = no football team.

The team belongs to the university. There are students at the university who are fans of that team, and students who are not.
Did i miss something?? Doesnt the team belong to the state?? Its still a state university, not?

Well, sorta. You see, the team belongs to the state. The university belongs to the students. And the state. Therefore, the students (who are in the state, after all) own the state. And the university. They do not, however, bear responsibility for the state of the university, the state of the team, or the team of the state students. I hope that states it succinctly enough.