FAU @ Nebraska (-23) - Who Ya Got?

Week 1 Spread  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's only 23 points, I see us covering that one. Mainly, I don't think FAU will score very much. They'd be extremely lucky to score 17, and we'd just have to score 40 in that case. But I think the score will be lower. There's a chance we'll be under 51 as the young offense tunes up. So I'm gonna go with something like 41-7.

I hope they each get a series but we need to make sure we have one QB up to speed before we worry about #2 or #3.

i guess i asked that assuming this game would be put away by halftime. or, that was part of the question. will the game be put away soon enough to see backup qbs. then, who do we see.

I think TA could still use the reps even after the game is put away. The more, the better.

Full disclosure: I'm not big into "the backups need game reps to get ready" camp. I fail to see how 6-10 extra plays against Florida Atlantic are better preparing them than the 30-60 reps they get against the Blackshirts every day in practice.

Full disclosure: I'm not big into "the backups need game reps to get ready" camp. I fail to see how 6-10 extra plays against Florida Atlantic are better preparing them than the 30-60 reps they get against the Blackshirts every day in practice.

i think real game experience can be an asset. just because of the atmosphere. your brain has to adjust to actually playing the game for real in front of a lot of people, i would think. i mean, it has to take some adjustment to get used to the nerves and speed of the game. but it may be overrated.

But the same for Tommy, especially if the game's already decided.

For Ryker and Johnny, who have never gone out and taken a live snap before during gameday, it's just a chance to get their feet wet. I don't expect leaps and bounds of development, but if they ever have to be pushed into service, ideally that time isn't the first time.

I hope Bo throws them in when they least expect it after a series. The Pats do it in the preseason with both of their backup QBs, because the idea is you gotta be prepared to enter the game at any time, in any situation. So I think there's good value in that practice.

i think real game experience can be an asset. just because of the atmosphere. your brain has to adjust to actually playing the game for real in front of a lot of people, i would think. i mean, it has to take some adjustment to get used to the nerves and speed of the game. but it may be overrated.

I'm not saying it doesn't help. But some people act like they are totally unprepared if they haven't played in several games. Or, perhaps more precisely, they would make some great leap in ability if they would have only played a few snaps in those few games.