Game 2 “Expert” Picks: McNeese State @ Nebraska

Saunders

I think a big factor for this game is week 1 for McNeese state...

Agreed. They've had all Fall Camp to prep for this game, and we have no film on them. Lots of new faces on their roster, and we don't know what to expect.

we can only hope that the cal writers and bloggers come through for us, unlike for nw.

• Fire 5

I think it will be interesting how it starts out and the adjustments we have to make on the fly.It should be a better game as McNeese had more time to prepare is true fact. I think the attitude of the team mentally will overcome mistakes and adjust to the play. Communication on the field can not be stressed enough among the players to be on the same page on D and O. As hoping for the cal writers and blogger to give info failed for NW, you can not depend on it, I don't. It is getting harder as the season progress into the schedule but all I ask of the players is play hard and do not worry about mistakes. This will be a good game.

I think it will be interesting how it starts out and the adjustments we have to make on the fly.It should be a better game as McNeese had more time to prepare is true fact. I think the attitude of the team mentally will overcome mistakes and adjust to the play. Communication on the field can not be stressed enough among the players to be on the same page on D and O. As hoping for the cal writers and blogger to give info failed for NW, you can not depend on it, I don't. It is getting harder as the season progress into the schedule but all I ask of the players is play hard and do not worry about mistakes. This will be a good game.

McNeese actually has had fewer practices than NU.

This is true. I asked about this when we started preseason practices As you know (some of you anyway), you are limited to a certain number of practices before your first game. I was hoping that it would be until the first playing weekend of college football and that this week would be like a normal game week of practice between games. But I was told, we were still limited to the preseason number of practices until the Nebraska game. What we did was spread out the practices and not having any two a days (except for one, I believe because of a rained out practice). So we have only had the ncaa limit of practices before a first game. Nebraska had that before the FAU game and then has had the normal between game practices this week.

Doc

• Fire 1

Cou

Agreed. They've had all Fall Camp to prep for this game, and we have no film on them. Lots of new faces on their roster, and we don't know what to expect.

Of course there's also the other side that they haven't had a week to get the first game jitters and bugs out. I'm expecting something similar to last week. Playbook wide open and defense takes some hits early before adjusting and clamping down.

Cou

Of course there's also the other side that they haven't had a week to get the first game jitters and bugs out. I'm expecting something similar to last week. Playbook wide open and defense takes some hits early before adjusting and clamping down.

This exactly. Only against Idaho State has Bo dominated from the start against an FCS opponent. The other few have been closer than you would like affairs until the in game tweaks are figured out.

This is true. I asked about this when we started preseason practices As you know (some of you anyway), you are limited to a certain number of practices before your first game. I was hoping that it would be until the first playing weekend of college football and that this week would be like a normal game week of practice between games. But I was told, we were still limited to the preseason number of practices until the Nebraska game. What we did was spread out the practices and not having any two a days (except for one, I believe because of a rained out practice). So we have only had the ncaa limit of practices before a first game. Nebraska had that before the FAU game and then has had the normal between game practices this week.

Doc

Welcom McNeese72 to the board. Good luck to you folks in the game this Saturday.

NebraskaShellback........ :)

Doc

Welcom McNeese72 to the board. Good luck to you folks in the game this Saturday.

NebraskaShellback........ :)

Thanks.

Game 2 “Expert” Picks: McNeese State @ Nebraska

—————

ESPN Big Ten Blog

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/106685/106685

McNeese State is a quality FCS program, but the Cornhuskers simply have too much firepower with Ameer Abdullah leading the way.

Nebraska 38 - McNeese State 17

—————

Just thinking out loud...if ESPiN had to take bets on their "predictions" they'd dramatically change their "predictions." How many betters would take NU at -21? (rhetorical we all know the answer just making a point)