BlitzFirst . . . didn't you say that out of all of your phones you prefer the HTC One M8?

The iPhone 6 Plus, the more robust of the new iPhones in our testing, started to deform when we reached 90 pounds of force, and came apart with 110 pounds of force. With those numbers, it slightly outperformed the HTC One (which is largely regarded as a sturdy, solid phone), as well as the smaller iPhone 6, yet underperformed some other smart phones.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2014/09/consumer-reports-tests-iphone-6-bendgate/index.htm

Hope you don't put it in your back pocket . . .

The iPhone is inherently prone to more awareness about even the most rare flaw because of its insane popularity and its polarizing effect on consumers. Many people love iPhones, and many people either hate the iPhone or hate the fact that people love the iPhones, and will go to great length to find and expose flaws, lengths that are not gone to with other brands and other phones.

By "people are walking into Apple stores and just bending them" you make it sound like a widespread thing, when in fact it was two teenagers who walked into one apple store. One incident. Again, 9 reported bent phones.

It's not nearly as big of a deal as people think it is, and the Consumer Reports testing proves it objectively.

As a carrier representative, I witnessed my first bent iPhone today, right here in good Ole Lincoln! And this was a 6,not a plus. Based on how quickly and easily I was able to get a warranty ordered for the customer after talking with the carrier's corporate representatives, it somewhat seemed that this might be more of a widespread issue than is being reported. It was almost as if Apple had told them, just replace it, no matter what. There was very few questions asked, which rarely happens when it comes to replacing defective phones. Just thought it was interesting, take it fwiw

As a carrier representative, I witnessed my first bent iPhone today, right here in good Ole Lincoln! And this was a 6,not a plus. Based on how quickly and easily I was able to get a warranty ordered for the customer after talking with the carrier's corporate representatives, it somewhat seemed that this might be more of a widespread issue than is being reported. It was almost as if Apple had told them, just replace it, no matter what. There was very few questions asked, which rarely happens when it comes to replacing defective phones. Just thought it was interesting, take it fwiw

I was of the understanding a bent iPhone was not covered by warranty and Apple does not replace free of charge. Tbh, that's part of why I haven't upgraded yet. Is that incorrect?

I was of the understanding a bent iPhone was not covered by warranty and Apple does not replace free of charge. Tbh, that's part of why I haven't upgraded yet. Is that incorrect?
I've heard both, honestly. I believe that the Apple store may do replacements for free if it's within 30 days of purchase. They carrier replaced the one I had today, but that was my first experience with such a thing.

That is interesting. You'll have to keep us posted.

Did they say how it bent? In there back pocket?

Curious if they told you or if they just made up a fake reason.