why would you turn off imessage?

If someone had an iphone and switched to another device, those people who they text messaged that have iphones...their iphones still think that the person who switched to an android still has an iphone and will attempt to send them an imessage instead of a standard sms. And you'll get nothing. It's difficult to explain.

For those of you with the 4th generation iPhone...best not to put IOS 8 on it. I trust only reviews from Ars Technica for all things tech...they do such a thorough job that they've never steered me wrong: http://arstechnica.com/apple/2014/09/ios-8-on-the-iphone-4s-performance-isnt-the-only-problem/

DISCLAIMER: I hate the iPhone, the iPad and all things Apple...just trying to help people out who have been suckered into it :)

In the words of FauxPelini "Yes, let the hate consume you"

For those of you with the 4th generation iPhone...best not to put IOS 8 on it. I trust only reviews from Ars Technica for all things tech...they do such a thorough job that they've never steered me wrong: http://arstechnica.com/apple/2014/09/ios-8-on-the-iphone-4s-performance-isnt-the-only-problem/

DISCLAIMER: I hate the iPhone, the iPad and all things Apple...just trying to help people out who have been suckered into it :)

I have the 4S and downloaded it last night...I immediately regretted it. Minimal changes, that drastically slow down the phone, reduces app functionality and drain battery life. Just another apple software upgrade for them to try and get you to buy a new phone because your old one can't handle it. You'd think I'd learn one of these times.

• 2 weeks later...

Got mine in the mail Monday. Really nice, a big size upgrade over the 4s and I just have the regular 6. I cannot imagine owning the 6+...that's gotta be enormous. Everything works lightning fast, camera is great, yadayada. Battery life is the big thing, my old phone was getting to the point where it would rarely last a full day; I have yet to get below 70% with the 6. So I'm happy I guess.

I did get a new otterbox case for it. Otterbox cases have historically been huge and godawful-looking, but they have a new very slim model that looks real slick. I recommend getting that plus a tempered glass screen protector if you can.

• Fire 1

I have the iPhone 5S, while a colleague just picked up the 6. I have had a chance to play around on it, and I'm not sold. Other than size, which I think is too big for most people, I don't see enough differentiation from the 5S to persuade me to upgrade.

I have the iPhone 5S, while a colleague just picked up the 6. I have had a chance to play around on it, and I'm not sold. Other than size, which I think is too big for most people, I don't see enough differentiation from the 5S to persuade me to upgrade.

I would agree that it's not a must-upgrade from the 5. If you need a new phone it's great, but don't rush out to buy it. It is a big upgrade over the 4/4S though. At the end of the day it's just another good new smartphone.

I would agree that it's not a must-upgrade from the 5. If you need a new phone it's great, but don't rush out to buy it. It is a big upgrade over the 4/4S though. At the end of the day it's just another good new smartphone.

Agree with Schu... Huge upgrade over 4/4S.