Scalping Husker tickets

Redman

How does everyone feel about the possible illegalization of Husker tickets?  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I like the face value part(I voted other). Then again, prohibition didn't work out that well either. How does the City of Lincoln enforce this new ordinance? Hire many more law enforcement personnel, raise ticket sales tax to mitigate the hit on the general fund budget??????? Legislatures love to think up these grand ideas without concern as to the impact on the taxpayers (in many instances) IMO. Of course, this issue is much more important than shelter, food and healthcare and other basic needs so many people lack. As everyone can see I am not a big fan of any government excercising more than their fiduciary responsibility in less than critical issues. whew

GBR

by the way anyone got any cheap 50 yard tickets? :lol:

This raises a valuable question for all of us out-of-staters who might want to make the trip and go to a home game....Is it realistically possible to catch a flight, get your hotel room, and expect to be able to get a ticket on gameday in front of Memorial Stadium? Or is it better to use a ticket brokerage service and actually have a ticket in your hands before you even make the trip? Brokerages typically charge anywhere from $175 to $685 per ticket depending on where the seat is located. How do those prices compare to scalpers? Are their other resources available that might help save some money?

I went on ebay to get tickets a couple times and paid 2 to 3 times face value for tickets. I mentioned it to some Lincoln locals and they thought I was crazy. They suggested waiting and guaranteed that I would find tickets on game day cheaper.

They were right . I haven't had one prob finding good tickets on game day. Most for right at face!

I went on ebay to get tickets a couple times and paid 2 to 3 times face value for tickets. I mentioned it to some Lincoln locals and they thought I was crazy. They suggested waiting and guaranteed that I would find tickets on game day cheaper.

They were right . I haven't had one prob finding good tickets on game day. Most for right at face!

Thats different then my experiences. When I got tickets off of ebay, I got them for less than face, and DJR said he did the same.

I havent been to Lincoln on gameday without tickets for probably 6 or 7 years, but the last time I tried, (ISU 99) the cheapest tickets I could find were 100.00 a piece, but I guess prices like that are a tradition of the past. For the Wake game this year, a couple of guys I went with were looking for upgraded seats, and pretty much everything was dirt cheap, comparitively speaking. Seats are much easier to come by the past couple of years, as well as being less expensive.

I think its your money and if you want to pay $100 for a ticket so be it. The real issue here is the State and Federal Goverments want their taxes on the profits the scalpers make, thats all.

I can get tickets for any game if I call back home and ask one of my buddies to hook me up, never has been a problem. I just haven't been back at that time of year for awhile.

GBR!!!

Seats are much easier to come by the past couple of years, as well as being less expensive.

That's what I was referring to. Before the last couple years I had relatives in Omaha that would hook us up with tickets that they got from their employers. They moved to Iowa. :steam So that was the end of that.

In 04 I paid $300 for two tickets on ebay to find the same section at the stadium for face value around gametime.

Seats are much easier to come by the past couple of years, as well as being less expensive.

That's what I was referring to. Before the last couple years I had relatives in Omaha that would hook us up with tickets that they got from their employers. They moved to Iowa. :steam So that was the end of that.

In 04 I paid $300 for two tickets on ebay to find the same section at the stadium for face value around gametime.

cue "the price is right failure music"

cue "the price is right theme song"

cut to commercial.

when i lived in nebraska i would get tickets, from people who wanted to sell them, through our local AM radio station. every day for 1 hour people could call in to sell or buy anything.

if i could not get them that way then i would just drive to lincoln and get the tickets on the walk to the stadium. someone was always trying to sell them. of course you have to pay a higher price for the big name schools but for others i could get them for face value or even less if it was real close to game time.

i hope it is allowed to stay because i now live away and dont get to listen to the radio station and see if people are selling them so i will have to get them from the sellers on the street

Thats different then my experiences. When I got tickets off of ebay, I got them for less than face, and DJR said he did the same.

I havent been to Lincoln on gameday without tickets for probably 6 or 7 years, but the last time I tried, (ISU 99) the cheapest tickets I could find were 100.00 a piece, but I guess prices like that are a tradition of the past. For the Wake game this year, a couple of guys I went with were looking for upgraded seats, and pretty much everything was dirt cheap, comparitively speaking. Seats are much easier to come by the past couple of years, as well as being less expensive.

It probably depends on the game, really. I hear that if you can handle waiting until just after the game has started, prices start to drop dramatically ;)

IMO scalpers are a bigger problem when it comes to high-profile sporting events and concerts. more so than most regular season Husker games. apparently RStones tix going for thousands of $$$ in Omaha b/c of scalpers. what's the highest markup for the average Husker game?

i really don't buy into the "its tradition" bs. selling tickets in front of memorial stadium (or any stadium) might be a tradition of sorts but screwing over your fellow fan$ with a huge markup is dispicable IMO.

How does the City of Lincoln enforce this new ordinance? Hire many more law enforcement personnel, raise ticket sales tax to mitigate the hit on the general fund budget???????

really, all they would need is a couple (if that) undercover cops posing as fans looking for tickets. I doubt that would cost a whole lot more in taxes. If they "caught" just one scalper, its not hard to think the that scalpers would be wary of cops posing as potential buyers.

also, you'd have the fans themselves informing the officers about scalpers they've run in to. there are plenty of officers around doing traffic and what-not on gameday.

would it solve the perceived problem and keep scalpers from going underground? (as the article argues) i doubt it, but who knows.