Warren at Big Red Breakfast

Mavric

Right off the bat Warren said he’s noticed some similarities between Nebraska and the Air Force Academy, something he said was unexpected when he first came to Lincoln.

“A lot of things are more important at the end of the day other than football,” he said. “Nebraska graduates guys. They become good young men when they leave here, and they’re prepared for the next step in life. Sometimes that’s the NFL, sometimes it’s something different. But they’re ready no matter what it is.”

Warren was asked about Nebraska’s practice schedule, and he said he hadn’t experienced anything like it while at Air Force. The team has Monday and Thursday off, rather than the traditional schedule of Sunday and Friday off. Warren said he likes the schedule and that it helps to break up the players’ workload during the week.

LJS

The first moment, I thought Warren Buffet !!! BTW, Mr. Buffet is a NU booster? Probably not, cheapskate !!!

I sure Buffet donates money to the University, but most of it is to the College of Business.

I am sure you are kidding, but I think it's funny when people complain that Buffet doesn't donate enough to the Athletic Department. It's his choice to do whatever he wants to with his $, and he contributes to a lot of charity organizations (mostly the Bill Gates foundation).

• Fire 1

The first moment, I thought Warren Buffet !!! BTW, Mr. Buffet is a NU booster? Probably not, cheapskate !!!

I sure Buffet donates money to the University, but most of it is to the College of Business.

I am sure you are kidding, but I think it's funny when people complain that Buffet doesn't donate enough to the Athletic Department. It's his choice to do whatever he wants to with his $, and he contributes to a lot of charity organizations (mostly the Bill Gates foundation).

Aside from philanthropist guy (Gates Foundation), he's still a penny pincher.

330px-Dundee_HD_Omaha_NE.JPG

Buffet's house in Omaha. Upper middle class and regular neighborhood .... no neighborhood gates

Bill Gates mansion. Outside view is so-so but inside .... WOW

Bill-Gates-House3.jpg

BTW, Bob Stoops house in Norman. I have no idea ....... circular marks in upper right hand corner. Helicopter pad perhaps?

22648109_SA.jpg

330px-Dundee_HD_Omaha_NE.JPGBill-Gates-House3.jpg

So what? I admire him more because he doesn't flaunt around his money. When he dies, he is giving most to charity. Making his kids earn their own money...I like it

So what? I admire him more because he doesn't flaunt around his money. When he dies, he is giving most to charity. Making his kids earn their own money...I like it

Me too. Except his $$$money donate to NU football. $25M yearly check is fair :koolaid2::thumbs;)

And free concert ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5oYYjJihh4

Makes me want to buy geico insurance for some reason !!

...by serving as paid directors of the charities that he is sheltering....errrrr donating his money in. :bs:

I believe Bob Stoops has a labrynth outside, which is a prayer walk many Christians have, specifically Catholics. One walks the labrynth while praying and it helps induce a meditative state for deep prayer.

I've noticed this team seems a bit more relaxed than other teams in the past. Not as stressed. Now I understand. I've never heard of a team having Thursday off but it makes sense.

...by serving as paid directors of the charities that he is sheltering....errrrr donating his money in. :bs:

I really hope you aren't so jaded that you think guys like Warren Buffett and Bill Gates are using charities for ulterior motives. They're trying to help change the world for the better. That's it.