Defensive Signals from the Sideline

A quote from the Big Red Breakfast about Fresno State "You are going to get a very up tempo, wide open, fast break offense. They will have some QB run game up the middle. We will barely get the signal in from the defensive side."

This worries me. Many times I see our defenders looking to the sideline for the play call when the ball is about to be snapped. What is the alternative to signalling the play in from the sideline? Is the NU staff slower than other staffs at getting the play call in?

A quote from the Big Red Breakfast about Fresno State "You are going to get a very up tempo, wide open, fast break offense. They will have some QB run game up the middle. We will barely get the signal in from the defensive side."

This worries me. Many times I see our defenders looking to the sideline for the play call when the ball is about to be snapped. What is the alternative to signalling the play in from the sideline? Is the NU staff slower than other staffs at getting the play call in?

Well the cat tells Bo the call, then Bo tells Papuchis, then Papuchis waves his taped fingers, so it takes a bit.