Miami, Nebraska leave glory years behind (ESPN article)

hskrpwr13

Right off ESPN's website -- http://espn.go.com/college-football/schedule ... apparently we're more attractive than #1 Florida State, #2 Oregon, #3 Alabama, #5 Auburn, #6 Texas A&M...and well, the rest of the country. Only one game with higher ticket prices than NU/Miami......

7:30 PM No. 4 Oklahoma at West Virginia FOX 547 available from $110

8:00 PM Miami (FL) at No. 24 Nebraska ESPN2 820 available from $108

3:30 PM Florida at No. 3 Alabama CBS 683 available from $105

7:30 PM No. 5 Auburn at No. 20 Kansas State ESPN 135 available from $86 (only game - today)
3:30 PM North Carolina at East Carolina ESPNU 379 available from $86
3:30 PM No. 6 Texas A&M at SMU
Coverage map » ABC ESPN2 562 available from $77
8:00 PM No. 22 Clemson at No. 1 Florida State ABC 4,273 available from $71
10:30 PM No. 2 Oregon at Washington State ESPN 509 available from $55

It's true.

Nebraska and Miami come into this game in near identical situations.

A good chance neither will be relevant at the end of the season.

But this is still a battle for relevance.

The only other angle out there is that Nebraska vs. Miami remains one of the last chances for a Big 10 team to beat a name brand from a Big 5 conference.

My take?

This is a must-win game for Nebraska.

7 years into the Bo Pelini era, it's also a must-win game for Bo Pelini.

• Fire 1

It's true.

The only other angle out there is that Nebraska vs. Miami remains one of the last chances for a Big 10 team to beat a name brand from a Big 5 conference.

My take?

The B1G in General would probably appreciate a Nebraska win at this point I'm wagering as well.

• Fire 1

It's true.

My take?

This is absolutely true. A loss means another year of being an afterthought. If we want to generate positive buzz about Nebraska, we must win this game.

Actually TO has some revisionist history. In regards to his recruiting class rankings. He often times had top 5-15 classes. Look it up

Hedley, the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle. For one, you're basing your opinion off mostly one person's opinion (per your link). Second, other than his last two classes, I'd argue that even though its only about 50/50, for that one person's opinion, its not like Osborne's stance is inaccurate (a whole 2 top 10 classes prior to '95 {subjected by which of the 3's opinion you value most}).

My ultimate take away is that Osborne consistently did more with less until the very end, when NU was THE premier college football program, and his recruiting classes were more highly valued.

Nebraska could also recruit for a system not used by most other programs, which let RBs shine, got OL into the NFL, and let run/pass high school quarterbacks play quarterback instead of moving them to DB like the other top recruiting schools intended to do. (seems that approach worked more recently to lure Ameer Abdullah from Auburn)

We could also promise that players would be on national TV two or three times a year. Lost our advantage there.