The atmosphere/crowd

I was a little annoyed early in the game when after every play there was a lot of friendly slaps on top of the helmet... I kept thinking "I was expecting some hostility" ... And then Randy is pinned on his back and things were getting very interesting.

I dont want to see fighting, but things went from calm to angry very quickly.

That's just some of the players attitudes. Ameer always respects his opponents. But he did give me a chuckle when he slapped a defender on the leg after a TD.

Something really damn classy before the first play that you probably missed on TV was Kenny Bell shaking hands with the corner when they lined up.

I was a little annoyed early in the game when after every play there was a lot of friendly slaps on top of the helmet... I kept thinking "I was expecting some hostility" ... And then Randy is pinned on his back and things were getting very interesting.

I dont want to see fighting, but things went from calm to angry very quickly.

That's just some of the players attitudes. Ameer always respects his opponents. But he did give me a chuckle when he slapped a defender on the leg after a TD.

Something really damn classy before the first play that you probably missed on TV was Kenny Bell shaking hands with the corner when they lined up.

The officials let this get out of hand. Fans at home don't always see everything on the field, as Thug U offensive linemen were slapping helmets, pushing or jawing on every down. We were making bets when the fight were going to start.

I have been to a lot of big games in Lincoln. CU, OU, Texas....etc. they have been loud.

I have never been there when there was so much animosity towards the other program.

It was literally 92,000 people all disgusted to see that uniform walk on our field.

The " hey hey goodby" song at the end was classic with Gregory dancing and egging on the crowd.

• Fire 1

I have been to a lot of big games in Lincoln. CU, OU, Texas....etc. they have been loud.

I have never been there when there was so much animosity towards the other program.

It was literally 92,000 people all disgusted to see that uniform walk on our field.

The " hey hey goodby" song at the end was classic with Gregory dancing and egging on the crowd.

That was sweet!

The atmosphere last night was one of the coolest experiences of my life. My son was in the student section and I was in the SW endzone with my daughter.

• The tunnel walk with the 94 team had me next to tears.
  • The student section was epic from the start. For those that weren't there it started out with the big "welcome" sign and a huge Miami logo right below it. Then after about 20 seconds they shredded the Miami logo and the blackshirt logo scrolled down and "to your worst nightmare" popped up. It sent chills down my spine it was so awesome!!!
  • The intensity and noise was incredible throughout the game, but when they had the bogus roughing the passer call it got so loud I couldn't hear anything. My ears were just ringing because it was so loud.
  • I believe the "Husker" "Power" started shortly after that (or during some other crap call) and it was louder than I've ever heard it.
  • The Hey Hey good bye song was icing on the cake towards the end and I happily joined the booing as Miami left the field.

I had a hard time getting to sleep when I finally got home because I was so amped up.

2014-09-20190459_zps4a11d6c4.jpg

• Fire 2

Best crowd I have seen in that stadium in 15 years - granted I don't get to many games there but at least a couple of the big ones each year. It was a lot of fun to be at! Keep that kind of fun up and you might convert me to having the Huskers as my 2nd favorite team eventually :)

Could someone who was a regular at Memorial in the 80s through mid-90's make a comparison between big home games from that era and the noise level last night? I'm curious about the effect the stadium renovations have had and if Memorial is even louder as a result.

Regardless, the stadium atmosphere against Miami from start to finish was...never mind. I don't think there are enough keys on my keyboard to describe it. Just proud to be a Husker today.

The crowd was as loud as I can recall going back to the Halloween pumpkin smashing of Ralphie and the Buffs in the fog with an interception on their first play and never relenting..............

Slightly different take. I was in the south end zone. The crowd was pretty loud all the way through, but not exceptionally so for a lot of the game. Much of the first half, I thought we sounded nervous. Once we got deep into the 3rd quarter though, the crowd got into it at a level that I'm not sure I've ever seen. Maybe the huge rally against OSU in 2011, or the 2009 OU game, but man, once the zebras screwed us on Gerry's pick and Thug U emerged, the crowd was absolutely rabid.

It was loud, but there were many people in my section, like two guys right in front of me, who didn't make any noise at all. I found that really odd.

I was not at the 2009 Oklahoma game, but I was at the 1992 Colorado game, and this noise level compared with that. Similar atmosphere, the crowd was amped, the team gave them plenty to be amped about, and it was a lot of fun.

I got home with no voice and one hell of a headache.