Gregory is Lott IMPACT Player of the Week

Mavric

I'm shocked to see Gurley that high. I know he's a talent, but the way the game is played in the NFL, you can find a serviceable back at any point. You see the rest of the top ten. It's about pass rush, protection, quarterback play, and dynamic receivers.

Just because you can find a serviceable RB at any point doesn't mean that Gurley isn't one of the best players to be entering the draft.

I'm shocked to see Gurley that high. I know he's a talent, but the way the game is played in the NFL, you can find a serviceable back at any point. You see the rest of the top ten. It's about pass rush, protection, quarterback play, and dynamic receivers.

Just because you can find a serviceable RB at any point doesn't mean that Gurley isn't one of the best players to be entering the draft.

I know he is. I'm just sayin the trend over the past years is that teams focus more on the 4 main positions i mentioned. I figured he'd be a good 1st rounder, just thought it would be lower.

I know he is. I'm just sayin the trend over the past years is that teams focus more on the 4 main positions i mentioned. I figured he'd be a good 1st rounder, just thought it would be lower.

It's very likely will be a lower first round pick if teams pick based on need over best player available.

It's very likely will be a lower first round pick if teams pick based on need over best player available.

That's another thing. This mock draft stuff is pretty irrelevant at this point. They all know more once the season is over and we know the draft order and can check the needs of teams. Hell, he could go as high as 5 for all I know.

That's another thing. This mock draft stuff is pretty irrelevant at this point. They all know more once the season is over and we know the draft order and can check the needs of teams. Hell, he could go as high as 5 for all I know.

I predict Jacksonville trading down to take Gurley. They need a running back. Maybe Minnesota takes him. Not a lot of teams need RBs.

I predict Jacksonville trading down to take Gurley. They need a running back. Maybe Minnesota takes him. Not a lot of teams need RBs.

I usually pay attention to Walterfootball.com. They have Gurley going #7 to the Jets. RG4 goes #3 to Tennessee

I usually pay attention to Walterfootball.com. They have Gurley going #7 to the Jets. RG4 goes #3 to Tennessee
If the Jets don't take Cooper and give whoever plays Qb a true #1 WR, their gm should be fired. I'd like to see RG4 go to my cowboys.

If the Jets don't take Cooper and give whoever plays Qb a true #1 WR, their gm should be fired. I'd like to see RG4 go to my cowboys.

I'd like to see Gregory go to the Steelers playing opposite Jarvis Jones. Holy Smokes they would kill it!

I'd like to see Gregory go to the Steelers playing opposite Jarvis Jones. Holy Smokes they would kill it!
Or you know, come back and play for NU.
  • Fire 1

I think a lot of people see Gurley as special talent. Trent Richardson went pretty high IIRC. Scouts look like they were wrong on that one but when they see a back that they think can transform an offense like AP they will still draft them in the top ten. I also think that the impact of Eddie Lacy last year and what you are seeing from Leveon Bell this year may have some thinking that the running back position may have been "oversold" so to speak.