Oregon loss and MSU swagger

dave

So, that loss by Oregon last night -- I would think it makes at least a few people on Michigan State's team feel just a bit deflated. They've been hanging their hat on how they were ahead of Oregon like that matters. Well, now being ahead of Oregon suddenly doesn't mean much. I played college sports, but not football -- what do you who played football think of this? Do the players get distracted by that? Do the coaches?

I think the other thing that loss did was make it imperative for Nebraska to win tonight to stay ranked. The "close game" against Oregon now means less and I think even with a hypothetical win over Nebraska, MSU drops in the polls.

Honestly, I doubt they care too much. Maybe their fans are disappointed. But nothing has changed for them. Just win the next one. And honestly, if they won out, I would guess they would be in the playoffs.

that was my exact thought. i mean, to the word.

I agree. But not quite to the word. I'd change "would" to "will".

• Fire 1

Honestly, I doubt they care too much. Maybe their fans are disappointed. But nothing has changed for them. Just win the next one. And honestly, if they won out, I would guess they would be in the playoffs.

it was a near-perfect take

it was a near-perfect take
Thanks, man.