Hat. On. Hat.

knapplc

9ad91ed0-4b43-11e4-82f8-618ce00039eb_bra

Greg Cosell's Film Review of Patriots-Chiefs MNF

I'm posting this image because numerous times today, we saw Nebraska do almost the same thing. And it's pretty much a no-win, hope and prayer at this point.

What I mean is keeping 7 guys in to defend a 4-man pass rush. We saw several times Sam Cotton (TE) and Ameer (RB) doubling up on one guy. Another time, near the goal line, it was Janovich and I believe Cotton.

The result is Michigan State has 7 guys back there in coverage, and we have three eligible receivers running routes. And our QB still doesn't have much time to throw - not that he has anywhere to throw it.

On one occasion, Tommy stepped up and should have had a lot of room to take off. But three interior linemen couldn't tie up one guy.

I realize this is more of a run blocking discussion and I've seen people say in previous games that our pass blocking has been solid this year, but I have to disagree. It's not just this game, either. And that's not to mention the times our tackles have had defensive ends blow right by them. There's no chance, none at all, when that happens.

• Fire 2

You're gonna examine this game and find a lot of problems, but

Tommy doesn't need to be benched.

Beck doesn't need to be fired.

Bo doesn't need to be fired.

The defense played freaking amazing and aside from a few missteps from a couple of inexperienced guys, we'd have probably won this game because of them.

it all started in one place in my opinion.

THE OFFENSIVE LINE DIDN'T BLOCK. END STORY.

• Fire 3

9ad91ed0-4b43-11e4-82f8-618ce00039eb_bra

Greg Cosell's Film Review of Patriots-Chiefs MNF

I'm posting this image because numerous times today, we saw Nebraska do almost the same thing. And it's pretty much a no-win, hope and prayer at this point.

What I mean is keeping 7 guys in to defend a 4-man pass rush. We saw several times Sam Cotton (TE) and Ameer (RB) doubling up on one guy. Another time, near the goal line, it was Janovich and I believe Cotton.

The result is Michigan State has 7 guys back there in coverage, and we have three eligible receivers running routes. And our QB still doesn't have much time to throw - not that he has anywhere to throw it.

On one occasion, Tommy stepped up and should have had a lot of room to take off. But three interior linemen couldn't tie up one guy.

I realize this is more of a run blocking discussion and I've seen people say in previous games that our pass blocking has been solid this year, but I have to disagree. It's not just this game, either. And that's not to mention the times our tackles have had defensive ends blow right by them. There's no chance, none at all, when that happens.

I can't +1 this from my phone but this is an excellent post. Tommy had a bunch of really bad passes but the o-line play tonight was just awful.