Complete 180 for Pelini era!

In every big prime time game in the Pelini era Nebraska has failed. The team performs well every season but just can't get over the hump. Our Huskers always seem to get blown out in big prime time games and it's embarrassing. Now, yes, they lost, but the entire team never quit and never did the coaches. I am very proud of this team and have complete confidence in the players and coaching staff. They never quit and always believed they could win. Tremendous performance. Yes, I'm disappointed they lost but feel great about the rest of the season. I honestly feel this is the time everything turns around and this administration goes from being a good and consistent coaching staff to a great and national title contention staff. I am excited for the rest of the year and look forward to playing in the B1G title game. GBR!!!

• Fire 3

The near-comeback was amazing, and I stayed with it until the end. Very proud of the effort by most of the team. The problem was getting in a 20-point hole in the first place. Ninety-nine times out of a hundred you're losing when down by 20, and tonight was no exception- despite the Herculean effort at the end.

Yeah this is just sad.

Your sad. It's a step in the right direction with a young team that's only going to get better. You didn't think we were going to go from a decent team to NC contenders overnight did you? Most people can see what's going on. The best part is our oline recruiting has been top notch the last few classes and it's going to get better sooner than later, and that is our biggest issue holding this team back from being VERY good. That's also the best dline were going to see all year.

Our defense played great and we return practically everybody. Wake up man. Do you remember how bad the dline was beginning of last year? Look at how good it's getting. You need to stop whining and look at what's going on. We're closer than ever.

• Fire 2

Yeah this is just sad.

Your sad. It's a step in the right direction with a young team that's only going to get better.
I think that part is questionable. I have no problems with anyone questioning whether or not Pelini is the right guy to make all the pieces fall together. Randy masks a lot on the defense, so who knows where we'll be next year.

If this was last year's team I really think we lose last night 34-3 or 41-3

Really proud of the effort

Proud of the effort? For three quarters+ we looked like the damn bad news bears. All we were missing was the Chico' bail bonds jerseys. Are we just forgetting that? The botched snaps? The dropped passes? The QB who can't hit the flat? The offensive line that couldn't keep anyone out of the backfield??

Now maybe this year really is different, but we're basing this on a failed comeback against a team that this board spent the majority of the week telling me wasn't *really* that good? We've had comebacks before. Hell we've had them against Michigan State! And we actually completed those, too.

Now Pelini is in his seventh season at Nebraska. What did Dantonio do in his seventh year at MSU? Go 13-1, win the conference championship (his second conference title and 3rd 11 win season), and win the Rose Bowl. And here we are talking moral victories? At Nebraska?? Good lord.

• Fire 1

"....complete confidence in this coaching staff."? Sorry not from this long time fan. A world class weight room and we haven't had a good let alone great O-line in years. An O-line that consistently gets penalized. Jake Cotton and Alex Lewis, a senior and a junior, are the principal culprits. Poor coaching from a consistently sub-standard O-line coach. Anybody seen an Outland or Lombardi Trophy candidate in the last 15 years? Our tackling absolutely stinks. Does anyone ever wrap up the runner anymore rather than trying to knock them down with a half-assed glorified block? And Beck's play calling? Really and isn't he responsible for the development of the QB's? TAJ shows signs of being really special but I think he's still operating with the skills he came to Lincoln with. Thank God he works hard in the off season. Lastly, after 3 good catches in the 4th last night he was the forgotten man. Again, "....complete confidence in this coaching staff."? Sorry not from this long time fan.

T_O_B

While I still think that these prime time national TV losses are unacceptable year after year, this one just feels different. The losses in past years were clobbering beat downs that left a bad taste in everyone's mouth, and little hope for the future. This year the team fought and battled and nearly willed itself to victory. I think it can definitely be used as a stepping stone and motivation for the remainder of the season. I think every single guy on the team is hungry now, with one common mission: run the table, and get their rematch in the conference title game.