Do we drop out of the top 25.

sd'sker, you're a good guy, but, cripes, I wouldn't be so damn melancholy over it.

i was feeling better for awhile, but then i came back down. i mean, it is what it is.

we did not get blown out. but we also played a team we could have beaten, but failed to execute. it just gets old.

like i said, we can hope for indy. we have the talent and when we play focused disciplined football, we can be pretty good. but, i do not know if we should already be so confident once again. i want to see us prove something.

Hey, I understand man. Hope I wasn't a douche to anyone, or was trying to enforce some kool-aid stuff.

no, funny though. i tried to make my post seem less melancholy than it eventually was. but, i guess melancholy might be an apt description.

sd'sker, you're a good guy, but, cripes, I wouldn't be so damn melancholy over it.

i was feeling better for awhile, but then i came back down. i mean, it is what it is.

we did not get blown out. but we also played a team we could have beaten, but failed to execute. it just gets old.

like i said, we can hope for indy. we have the talent and when we play focused disciplined football, we can be pretty good. but, i do not know if we should already be so confident once again. i want to see us prove something.

Hey, I understand man. Hope I wasn't a douche to anyone, or was trying to enforce some kool-aid stuff.

no, funny though. i tried to make my post seem less melancholy than it eventually was. but, i guess melancholy might be an apt description.

Nah, you're good, brother. I'm just toasted. And yeah, looking over what you said, nah, I was being a dick, you've nailed it in a lot of ways

For the better part of a decade I have tried to figure out the logic of the polls. Can somebody explain it to me? #19 Nebraska plays at #10 Michigan State, who is favored by about 7 points. So, the already existing expectation is that Nebraska is going to lose by a touchdown. In the actual game, we lose by 5 points. So, Nebraska actually outpreformed expectations. Why should they drop even 1 spot? If you think about it logically, they should actually jump a spot or two. I have never understood that.

It's not an actual ranking of who is the best. If it was Oregon wouldn't drop, Bama wouldn't drop, etc. teams get beat and get punished. It doesn't make any sense but it makes sports writers feel important.

this was our one chance to beat a quality team. we did not get it done. with a terrible o-line, inconsistent qb (i love ta, but he missed some easy passes), and un-creative gameplan (again, some good calls that we just did not execute. and some play calls that were doomed), it does not matter how close we ultimately came. people are going to look at who we beat. and the answer is no one. a 3 loss miami. a fau that will probably be the worst florida team. a fresno team that is just bad. an illinois team that lost to purdue. and an fcs team that had us on the ropes. this was our one chance and we came out flat on offense for 3 qtrs. (and on a day that seemed like everyone got an upset, which makes this hurt that much more). that is just not good enough.

time to hope that we win out and come out better prepared if we are fortunate enough to get to indy. these players deserve better than this. they are better than this. but this keeps happening...

man, isnt this true..how many fields got stormed yestarday? wild finishes with upsets being clinched with great plays in the final minutes and long shot teams who were in the hunt all afternoon......would have been nice to see Nebraska in that list of upsets, crazy finished, teams that were in it from the beginning...what that tells me is that maybe the top 10 isn't so good and the and it was a coming out for the bottom 15 and unranked that arent so bad....lots of parody..except we were in the bottom and were one of the few who didnt do the same thing. we werent in it all game, we didnt pull it out in the end.... anybody watch a flat Wisky team get handled by NW yesterday? thats what we needed, thats why yesterday really hurts.

this was our one chance to beat a quality team. we did not get it done. with a terrible o-line, inconsistent qb (i love ta, but he missed some easy passes), and un-creative gameplan (again, some good calls that we just did not execute. and some play calls that were doomed), it does not matter how close we ultimately came. people are going to look at who we beat. and the answer is no one. a 3 loss miami. a fau that will probably be the worst florida team. a fresno team that is just bad. an illinois team that lost to purdue. and an fcs team that had us on the ropes. this was our one chance and we came out flat on offense for 3 qtrs. (and on a day that seemed like everyone got an upset, which makes this hurt that much more). that is just not good enough.

time to hope that we win out and come out better prepared if we are fortunate enough to get to indy. these players deserve better than this. they are better than this. but this keeps happening...

Every time. Every time Bo has had that chance to take the next step, to beat a great team and vault NU into the top 10 or into national discussion or claim a conference title, he has come up woefully short. This year is no different. Our only decent win is Miami, and even then we had the benefit of a fluky scoop and score. The yardage by both teams was nearly equal.

The only redemption really is winning out and then showing up to Indy with, idk a whole new offensive line or something, and winning that. I think we have a good shot at getting to Indy, but I expect it will be with 2 conference losses, and I expect that we will be 10 point underdog if we do get there. And then on to the Holiday bowl.