Do we drop out of the top 25.

A wise man told me, unless you're ranked in the Top 4, rankings don't mean sh#t. All we can hope for at this point is to run the table and win the CCG, both of which I feel are realistic, attainable goals. Lose to Northwestern, and we might as well pack it in.

Northwestern is the division leader right now. Let's go rub their face in all the sh**ty feelings everyone has.

Mother of hell, I mean, I'm not saying we're great, and I'm not going to be super positive, but, cripes, you guys, it's not the end of the damned world

It's just reality setting in for a lot of folks. People keep buying into the hype and end up with the same repeat big game show up unprepared and get beat. A lot of fans in mourning...

Paradoxically, the same game which will push MSU up the rankings will be used to push us out as unworthy. Same old same old... It just makes ...sense? :LOLtartar

+1 here sir. It has never really made sense to me. I mean, I get this is how it has always been done but man.

We were supposed to lose to a team 9 spots higher than us at their home field. Why drop when that was the expected outcome?

Like BRI said, at this point rankings are the least of our worries. We more than likely dropped out of the playoff hunt with the loss last night, so all that really matters now is winning the division and punching a ticket to Indianapolis at the end of the season.

I never thought Nebraska was a playoff team, so that's not what dropped off the table for me. What I thought was that we had turned the corner from not showing up in games. I thought everybody "learned their lesson" against McNeese. I thought Beck figured out how to effectively move the chains whether the defense took away the pass or took away the run.

I was wrong. What I saw was an offense that didn't show up to play, particularly the offensive line, and an OC who hadn't effectively developed a counter attack to take advantage of a team stacking the box.

I have serious doubts about this team's ability to consistently show up ready to play.

Like BRI said, at this point rankings are the least of our worries. We more than likely dropped out of the playoff hunt with the loss last night, so all that really matters now is winning the division and punching a ticket to Indianapolis at the end of the season.

I never thought Nebraska was a playoff team, so that's not what dropped off the table for me. What I thought was that we had turned the corner from not showing up in games. I thought everybody "learned their lesson" against McNeese. I thought Beck figured out how to effectively move the chains whether the defense took away the pass or took away the run.

I was wrong. What I saw was an offense that didn't show up to play, particularly the offensive line, and an OC who hadn't effectively developed a counter attack to take advantage of a team stacking the box.

I have serious doubts about this team's ability to consistently show up ready to play.

Sadly, I saw the same things. I honestly thought, before the game, that our offensive line could block well enough, and Armstrong could do juuuuuuuust enough with his arm, that we could still be effective against a defense geared up to stop Abdullah. I don't know if we just got our expectations built up because the first 5 games were against clearly inferior talent, or they just didn't come to play last night, but I certainly got proven wrong.

• Fire 1

Kernal, face it! Mich St. has a more complete team and beat us. We never quit like we have in the past. We are playing with several second string players - S, 2 CB, 2 LB, 2 WR (in fact, we are playing with 3rd stringers, FR & walk-ons) & TE.

this was our one chance to beat a quality team. we did not get it done. with a terrible o-line, inconsistent qb (i love ta, but he missed some easy passes), and un-creative gameplan (again, some good calls that we just did not execute. and some play calls that were doomed), it does not matter how close we ultimately came. people are going to look at who we beat. and the answer is no one. a 3 loss miami. a fau that will probably be the worst florida team. a fresno team that is just bad. an illinois team that lost to purdue. and an fcs team that had us on the ropes. this was our one chance and we came out flat on offense for 3 qtrs. (and on a day that seemed like everyone got an upset, which makes this hurt that much more). that is just not good enough.

time to hope that we win out and come out better prepared if we are fortunate enough to get to indy. these players deserve better than this. they are better than this. but this keeps happening...

You're seizing on every bit of negative this has to offer and gnashing your teeth with bitterness.

So we lost to a top 10 team on the road that we trailed in rank by 9 spots. We weren't expected to win and we kept it close. By this keeps happening, I'm not sure what exactly you mean.

We're still in the drivers seat to get another shot. The next three games are more than winnable.

this was our one chance to beat a quality team. we did not get it done. with a terrible o-line, inconsistent qb (i love ta, but he missed some easy passes), and un-creative gameplan (again, some good calls that we just did not execute. and some play calls that were doomed), it does not matter how close we ultimately came. people are going to look at who we beat. and the answer is no one. a 3 loss miami. a fau that will probably be the worst florida team. a fresno team that is just bad. an illinois team that lost to purdue. and an fcs team that had us on the ropes. this was our one chance and we came out flat on offense for 3 qtrs. (and on a day that seemed like everyone got an upset, which makes this hurt that much more). that is just not good enough.

time to hope that we win out and come out better prepared if we are fortunate enough to get to indy. these players deserve better than this. they are better than this. but this keeps happening...

You're seizing on every bit of negative this has to offer and gnashing your teeth with bitterness.

So we lost to a top 10 team on the road that we trailed in rank by 9 spots. We weren't expected to win and we kept it close. By this keeps happening, I'm not sure what exactly you mean.

We're still in the drivers seat to get another shot. The next three games are more than winnable.

Jimmy, there are a few who believe we are a playoff team. We might of have been, but with 7 starters gone and playing with 3rd & 4th string WR that will be tough.

Mother of hell, I mean, I'm not saying we're great, and I'm not going to be super positive, but, cripes, you guys, it's not the end of the damned world

It's just reality setting in for a lot of folks. People keep buying into the hype and end up with the same repeat big game show up unprepared and get beat. A lot of fans in mourning...
A cursory look of our top 10 losing streak on the road shows this was closest loss of them all. I guess that counts for something.