Is Michigan State our new 'Oklahoma'?

When will Nebraska go back to holding up its end of a Oklahoma-Nebraska rivalry? Nebraska hasn't even been that "Nebraska" for 15 years. Texas did their damnedest to have a terrific rivalry with us but we crapped our pants to the tune of 1 win and 9 losses.

We're not ready for another Oklahoma, but maybe MSU will be our new Texas Tech.

Michigan State is our new Michigan State. They will soon be back to licking our boot. Im not worried about them on a yearly basis, this "run" is merely temporary.

Based on what?

BaseD on the fact Michigan wont be horrid forever, Nebraska wont be mediocre forever, and that Sparty is enjoying the fruits of a down conference.

Sorry if I wasnt overly impressed with them thus far this season. We could have easily been the better team but mental errors, coaching blunders and an untimely pick cost us the game. Not looking to debate what coulda been or how awful we are yadda yadda. This is not even close to the caliber team they fielded a year ago.

And, I drink kool aid. Base that.

• Fire 1

Rivalries aren't made after being in a conference for 4 years, no matter how much the B10 wants to tell the teams who their rivals are.

With that being said, I could see myself not liking Mich State.

Well and there you go, a rivalry IMO, can be created when you have a team you love to hate and they make it easier for you to hate on them i.e. Throwing off your snap count and then having their head coach talk some smack in your face after the fact, reminding you in the post-game press conference about how we said we would run it and he jabs you with your total rushing yards...you know, stuff rivalries are made of!!!

Miami is more of a rival than Mich St and Wiskey combined.

It's true. A yearly Miami game would be a blast.

Never thought of it before but ya that would be a great noncom rivalry.

Any good rivalry requires good old-fashioned hatred, on both sides. Which is something we never really had with anyone in-conference. Even with Oklahoma or Texas. There's no shortage of it between Miami and Nebraska.

I would very much like to see the Wisc replace Iowa as the game after Thanksgiving.

I endorse this, for a number of reasons. Really, really high up on that list is I'm tired of crappy weather and injuries leveling the playing field for the Hawkeyes. Better to just wipe the floor with them to open October every year.

Husker fans sound like the girl that is dating a guy but secretly wants to date the guy who hasn't noticed her.

Just beat everyone no matter when they play. It shouldn't matter when

+Infinity