NET Big Red Wrap-Up MSU - Jason Peter - Video

I'm not sure about high school sports, the pussification of America or the problem with kids today. Like Glendower, I've heard the same argument made for millennia.

But here's something that blew me away: according to one recruiter, 15% of recent college graduates brought a parent to their first job interview.

You've got to be effing kidding me, right?

Actually if I'm recalling it right, 15% brought their mothers to their first job interview.

Well he called the Oline garbage and they stuck a paper penis in his mouth. So we'll see how that pays off next week..............

Man. I understand being upset, but at the end of the day Jason Peter is one of the legends of the program they play for. Way to look in the mirror and try and improve when a former champion of your team tells you that you aren't living up the bar set.

This is more convincing that they're being told what they're doing is good enough than anything.

• Fire 1

Well he called the Oline garbage and they stuck a paper penis in his mouth. So we'll see how that pays off next week..............

Man. I understand being upset, but at the end of the day Jason Peter is one of the legends of the program they play for. Way to look in the mirror and try and improve when a former champion of your team tells you that you aren't living up the bar set.

This is more convincing that they're being told what they're doing is good enough than anything.

I for one didn't think that was even funny. Pretty sad way to respond when someone calls you out, IMO.

Goes back to that conversation about the new generation and work ethic, response to criticism, etc..

I for one didn't think that was even funny. Pretty sad way to respond when someone calls you out, IMO.

Goes back to that conversation about the new generation and work ethic, response to criticism, etc..

Yeah, that's just sad. Everyone probably thinks it's hunky dory in North stadium. Pathetic.

I don't think that's it. Some team is going to have the right work ethic/attitude/whatever to win a national title in 2014/15. It's not a question of the generation, it's a question of the Huskers.
  • Fire 1

I don't think that's it. Some team is going to have the right work ethic/attitude/whatever to win a national title in 2014/15. It's not a question of the generation, it's a question of the Huskers.

Well, if that's the case, the maturity of whoever is behind this is really suspect.

It's pretty damn pathetic when a team who has not yet accomplished anything besides consistent mediocrity goes ahead and makes fun of a Husker legend who anchored one of our best teams, one of the best football teams OF ALL TIME, for calling them on their crap.

I'm right there with you, Polo. I love my team, but that was bush league.

• Fire 3

What happened with a penis? Where'd you guys hear this?

I think it was in this thread--either way it's mysteriously disappeared from the board (please stop doing that mods, btw). But someone had a picture taken of Jason Peter's picture in North stadium that had a paper penis taped near his mouth, presumably as backlash for his comments.

Whomever posted it, kindly post it again please.

• Fire 1

What happened with a penis? Where'd you guys hear this?

I think it was in this thread--either way it's mysteriously disappeared from the board (please stop doing that mods, btw). But someone had a picture taken of Jason Peter's picture in North stadium that had a paper penis taped near his mouth, presumably as backlash for his comments.

Whomever posted it, kindly post it again please.

Huh. Well I guess instead of looking at yourself and how to improve you could just lash out at someone for speaking the truth. That's probably why they'll go nowhere. I'm my own biggest critic in my performance in work, home, whatever. That's probably the biggest reason for success for me in anything because I am honest with myself and identify areas where I need to get better and actually work for it rather than blaming someone else for something going wrong.

Jason Peter isn't the enemy. He may come off as arrogant, whatever. But at least he was a winner. He's just sick of seeing us fail to put it all together just like the rest of us(or at least the majority of us)

Accountability you guys.

cue TeacherCD ragging on Jason Peter....

• Fire 2

They're in denial if they watched the game film and concluded that performance was anything other than garbage. There's no sugar-coating it. It was pathetic, and every one of them should forfeit their starting job if they have no inclination to take the criticism for what it's worth and try to improve. If they have the same goals as Tommy and Ameer, that kind of effort isn't going to cut the mustard.