It Isn't the 90s Anymore - Or Is It?

NUpolo8

No obviously it is not the 90's because every single person on this site would have expected to win every game. Not hope we can get by the likes of Northwestern and Minnie mouse state, growing concern about Rutgers, and pretty much anyone that lines up across the line.

Our expectations of this program have dropped so far that we are trying to figure out how we get to the CCG with 2-3 losses, to get gang banged by Ohio State is my guess.

I am very aware it is not the 90's, but my guess is you were never aware of them from the start.

In honesty here, I am more disappointed in the fans on this site than the team. I am not impressed with the staff either, but surprise surprise.

The almost win was great...........As soon as we start getting W's for moral victories I'll agree.

My issue is it's year 7. Have there been improvements? Absolutely. Specifically, IMO, on D and ST. I really think Bo needs to take a good hard look at the offensive side of the ball. If not, his loyalty, IMO, will cost him.

You can say the same thing about Callahan, his loyalty to Cosgrove costed him his job. I am sure people will jump down my throat for the comparison, I realize that the two coaches are completely different but this is one thing they have in common.

The almost win was great...........As soon as we start getting W's for moral victories I'll agree.

My issue is it's year 7. Have there been improvements? Absolutely. Specifically, IMO, on D and ST. I really think Bo needs to take a good hard look at the offensive side of the ball. If not, his loyalty, IMO, will cost him.

You can say the same thing about Callahan, his loyalty to Cosgrove costed him his job. I am sure people will jump down my throat for the comparison, I realize that the two coaches are completely different but this is one thing they have in common.

You win the prize for creepiest avatar. God that scene was haunting.

What every you do, do not let him make a balloon animal... or try to get lucky in a field with him around

What every you do, do not let him make a balloon animal... or try to get lucky in a field with him around

What's that from? I want to watch!!

What's that from? I want to watch!!

I'll PM ya, I don't want to get dinged by a MOD for going off topic

And I'll admit, not Nebraska, but I didn't mind the direction of the O. If Cally had fielded a decent D, he might still be here.........

I agree that Beck/Cotton are becoming like Cos was to Cally.

And I'll admit, not Nebraska, but I didn't mind the direction of the O. If Cally had fielded a decent D, he might still be here.........

I don't want to turn this into a cyclical discussion about Beck, but unlike previous seasons, I think I can identify the reasons for the letdowns in the McNeese/MSU games, and understand what he was trying to do. I hesitate to dump blame on him for Sparty because it is hard to accomplish much of anything when your OL can't run OR pass block worth a damn all night. Renders any offensive gameplan pretty worthless.

As for Cotton-- throw that guy to the wolves. He's a liability to progress.

I don't want to turn this into a cyclical discussion about Beck, but unlike previous seasons, I think I can identify the reasons for the letdowns in the McNeese/MSU games, and understand what he was trying to do. I hesitate to dump blame on him for Sparty because it is hard to accomplish much of anything when your OL can't run OR pass block worth a damn all night. Renders any offensive gameplan pretty worthless.

As for Cotton-- throw that guy to the wolves. He's a liability to progress.

I think the plague with this staff is the stubbornness of the coaches. They believe that everything they do is a proven system and all we need to do is EXECUTE! Bo stood by his defensive scheme for several seasons until last year when he actually drew up some blitz packages that gave fuel for our D. The same goes with Beck and Cotton. We have been stuck on repeat and teams barely have to watch more than a few game films to know our plays and strategies on offense. Prime example would be the Mich St game, their D knew all of our audibles.

You can run the same plays until the opposing team stops it... it's been stopped for a while now yet we continue to do the same thing every game (I believe it all started with Martinez at the K-State game in 2010, a few successful Zone Read Plays and we haven't stopped running it since). Bo and Paps got creative with the D and we are now in a good position on that side of the ball. But with Beck and Cotton, it has been the same ol story since they have been here.