Now is the time for Pelini to finally do this . . .

Pelini said who plays is up to the position coaches.

I don't buy that for a second. There's a reason we have a head coach.

Yikes, I'm breaking all sorts of rules commenting in this thread, but yeah, this.

I buy it, position coaches always rotate players for the most part. Do you really think TO kept track of everyone going into the game?

Polo anything you can grasp to make your point that BP is incompetent. :ahhhhhhhh

• Fire 3

Yikes, I'm breaking all sorts of rules commenting in this thread, but yeah, this.

I buy it, position coaches always rotate players for the most part. Do you really think TO kept track of everyone going into the game?

Polo anything you can grasp to make your point that BP is incompetent. :ahhhhhhhh

During game time, sure.

I didn't do a very good job thinking about this. I was thinking about head coaches and meetings with the position coaches and having a collaboration. Anyhow, yeah, not my best.

A lot of subbing is left up to positions coaches. Coach P. has some say but position coaches for the most part have final say. Now, that may not be what is portrayed publicly but it is what happens. Unfortunately we have at least one position coach who has said out loud and in front of players that he hates walk ons and they should not play, regardless of position on the depth chart. I would guess because some of those walk ons have out performed his recruited players and he doesn't like it.

Who said this, and do you have a link to the source?

A lot of subbing is left up to positions coaches. Coach P. has some say but position coaches for the most part have final say. Now, that may not be what is portrayed publicly but it is what happens. Unfortunately we have at least one position coach who has said out loud and in front of players that he hates walk ons and they should not play, regardless of position on the depth chart. I would guess because some of those walk ons have out performed his recruited players and he doesn't like it.

YeAh seriously, link?

Presumably that reason is to hire assistants and manage them, and manage the overall direction of the football program. Are you suggesting the head coach should micromanage every aspect of the football team, including keeping a constantly updated status and grade of all 100 or so players on the roster during games? Micromanaging doesn't work.

ehh. I can see where the OP is going with this and think that others are taking what he/she said way out of context. Its not like the op said that they should start the 2's or take the ones out for a quarter. I think there are positions that this needs to happen like on the lines which I think they do pretty well at that. But, when you have a really good skilled position player on D or O that doesn't take the abuse that the line gets you just cant take them out just because unless of course they are struggling mightily.

You really think a link exists for this? Most likely 2nd hand from player

YeAh seriously, link?

Notice I said not openly in the public? As many do on here ( can't say I blame you), I will be discredited as I will not and can not state a link or source for several reasons. However, I can tell you it's true and it is disturbing.

Dude, TCU gave up 61 points and you'd advocate keeping their starters on defense in? I don't think even Kevin Cosgrove would advocate that.

This is the Big12 you're talking about here. And our defenses have given up 60+ more than once and people still advocate for JP to keep his job.

61 points is 61 points. At what point do you advocate a change, 100 points? Come on.

• Fire 1

Presumably that reason is to hire assistants and manage them, and manage the overall direction of the football program. Are you suggesting the head coach should micromanage every aspect of the football team, including keeping a constantly updated status and grade of all 100 or so players on the roster during games? Micromanaging doesn't work.

If I'm aware of whose in the game, don't you think Pelini is too? Please. This man knows full well who's doing what and who's in the game. There are only 11 players at any given time for Pelini to "micro-manage." Not a tall order.

• Fire 1

You really think a link exists for this? Most likely 2nd hand from player

No, I don't really think a link exists because I don't think it was actually said. And yeah, most likely second hand from a player who has an overinflated opinion of himself.