Emergency Car Kit

Winter will be here before we know it. I got this in email so thought I would share it with you. It is best to be safe than sorry.

How To Prepare An Emergency Car Kit:

First, consider the container you would like to store your kit items in. A large plastic, air tight tote with lid is ideal. You want something compact that can fit in a trunk, but large enough to hold everything. It should be water proof, air tight, and durable. Once you have your tote, here are some items you will want to put in it!

Supplies to include in your emergency car kit:

1. Heavy blanket to keep warm.
2. Gloves to protect hands should you need to work on your car.
3. An extra set of warm clothes so you stay warm and dry.
4. Dried, or non perishable, food to fight hunger. Peanuts, easy open canned goods, and dried fruit are ideal.
5. Hard candy to prevent your mouth drying out if stranded for long periods of time.
6. Bottled water to prevent dehydration. Have several bottles, plus an empty bottle you can fill.
7. A durable ice scraper.
8. Flashlight with extra batteries.
9. Shovel (a small hand shovel and a regular shovel is ideal)
10. Emergency flares
11. Small tool kit
12. Jumper cables
13. First aid items including gauze, band aids, antiseptic, scissors, and pain reliever.
14. Kitty litter for traction in case tires get stuck in snow.
15. Candles and matches.
16. Extra car cell phone charger
17. Tire changing supplies

Should you get stranded, you want to be sure you stay dry, warm, hydrated, and fed until help can arrive. Having the flares and a car cell phone charger can help you notify others of your emergency, while the various tools can help you help yourself until help arrives. The tools may also prevent you from having to call for help in the first place.

Don’t get stranded without the supplies you need. Instead, give these tips for how to prepare an emergency car kit a try. Having an emergency car kit in your own vehicle is easy, inexpensive, and could be the difference between life and death. Give one a try!

• Fire 5

So which mod got their panties in a wad? There was nothing wrong with that post and it wasn't breaking any rules. Typical of this place.

Wha..?

It's in the Offending Posts Thread. Think vinyl O-face.

/ I'm sure Roxy knows we're just goofing around on a football message board. All in good fun. :lol:

If you want a serious answer, Roxy, I'd suggest throwing an old blanket or two in the trunk, maybe a short handled shovel, some basic tools (water pump pliers, crescent wrench, screw drivers, knife). And these days about the only alcohol I keep in my car is a couple bottles of gasoline additive. lol