NU vs MSU:The Condensed Version

tom12983

I still don't understand how the play at the 35 minute mark is called a fumble.

I don't either. I have watched many NFL calls go the way of the Quarterback that were much much MUCH more questionable than this one. Of course, we are not talking about the NFL here... To me, when watching, I said nope. Forward motion of the arm, easy call, incomplete pass. Even when Armstrong's arm was hit by the helmet had the strength to hang on through the throw. Horrible call.

The ex official guy they were talking to during the game didn't think it would be over turned. For what it is worth.

Well that successfully pissed me off. We should have definitely won that game.

Tommy, you best play like a god the rest of the year. If the line is playing bad and Ameer cant get loose, its on you to make good decisions. Flawless this week in Evanston and here on out.

You know, I don't feel as though we were dominated to the degree that I initially thought (and consequently how everyone else seems convinced), especially going through the process of trimming this game down. If we didn't make half of the mistakes (unforced or otherwise) we made...we win that football game. Without doing those two point conversions that all failed (not blaming Bo, becuase if they worked we would be calling him a gutsy genius). We come down the field and AT LEAST get 3 to tie the game AND let me ask you... Who had the momentum at the end of the game prior to the interception?!?! (which I might add should have been reversed due to recievers route progression being impeded beyond the 5 yard mark https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsExbyIQLWs&list=UUwFRVWw4g96gFI__fNMSsBg#t=3651)

With MSU's fans gone, us stealing the momentum (don't give that horse crap about them giving up. Watch it again and give our team some credit. We didn't give up. We STOLE the momentum...it wasn't given to us.) and the hurry up offense (where Tommy seems to feel very comfortable as long as his recievers aren't getting bumped off of routes) I feel that we had MSU reeling big time. Even if they would have held us to a field goal at this point in the game.

Some very good points, for me rewatching the game shows me how poorly TA actually threw the ball. He really flat out just missed about 6 easy passes to guys that if completed would have helped loosen up the running lanes a little bit. I also thought he ran tentatively whenever he kept on zone reads.

In the grand scheme of things this game didn't mean a whole lot as to what kind of a season we can have. I don't think anyone expected to go undefeated and make the playoff. It's better we lost to them now and then beat them in the CCG which I think we will. We have plenty of time to fix our mistakes and we can figure out a game plan to beat them. We were 35 yards away from winning a game we got man handled for 3 quarters. That should show us how good of a team we have, just need more consistency. I think we could be scary by the end of the year. Tomorrow will tell us a lot too

Alot of IFS . Only one Im concerned about is why the hell he threw that pick with two more downs to go.

At the end? When he placed the ball right where the cutting receiver would have been had he not ran into the other receiver?

This is exactly what I am talking about. If you watched it, watch it again and then rewatch it. It was a "RUB ROUTE"!!! The receivers were suppose to "RUB" off the defenders and one was going to be wide open!!! The corner gets hammered because he gets in the way of the route. If this is 5 minutes into the game what's the call? You can not impede the progress of a reciever down the field past 5 yards. It should be a flag, but because they refs try to stay out of it at the end, we lost.

Alot of IFS . Only one Im concerned about is why the hell he threw that pick with two more downs to go.

At the end? When he placed the ball right where the cutting receiver would have been had he not ran into the other receiver?

This is exactly what I am talking about. If you watched it, watch it again and then rewatch it. It was a "RUB ROUTE"!!! The receivers were suppose to "RUB" off the defenders and one was going to be wide open!!! The corner gets hammered because he gets in the way of the route. If this is 5 minutes into the game what's the call? You can not impede the progress of a reciever down the field past 5 yards. It should be a flag, but because they refs try to stay out of it at the end, we lost.

It is either a flag route wide open over the middle or you have outside shoulder throw where the reciever has a chance on the side line or now one else. Looks like they where in a cover 2 with press coverage on the outside. A "Rub Route" with an underneath (underneath the safties) is a great call to keep the drive alive.

Tommy, you best play like a god the rest of the year. If the line is playing bad and Ameer cant get loose, its on you to make good decisions. Flawless this week in Evanston and here on out.

so tommy needs to play perfectly and the rest of the offense can struggle? seems a little unfair.

actually I think the defender had the right to his own space, if he isn't moving or pushing or grabbing and the we runs into him it's not dpi

Tommy isnt a machine. If the route breaks down that doesnt exactly excuse throwing the ball at a wide open defender

I dont design plays so maybe Im way off base, but to me arent there more options than that exact spot?

The Quarterback makes the throw just as the reciever is making their cut. The throw was timed properly. I think they wanted the corner on the right hip of the slot reciever.

Tommy isnt a machine. If the route breaks down that doesnt exactly excuse throwing the ball at a wide open defender

I dont design plays so maybe Im way off base, but to me arent there more options than that exact spot?

The Quarterback makes the throw just as the reciever is making their cut. The throw was timed properly. I think they wanted the corner on the right hip of the slot reciever.

I Get that. But the games on the line. It obviously d.idnt fool the defense. If no cut is made its an easy pick that seals the game, which happened.

That Call would be more understandable to me on 4th down. Im not asking for a run here but not all our passing plays have Tommy throwing i to open space

so tommy needs to play perfectly and the rest of the offense can struggle? seems a little unfair.

Why Do I feel like you are my personal nit picker?

We already know how amazing A double is. If we are gonna win out its going to take some serious play at QB