Crouch Working out in Toronto

Marcus Allen's younger brother, Damon Allen is the current starting QB for the Toronto Argos. He's 42 years old. Anyway Crouch will be in town next week to work out and see if there is a fit with the CFL team that owns his rights. As a Nebraska fan here in Toronto, it certainly would be interesting to head down to games this summer and see what happens if he's taken snaps as a QB on a pro level.

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/news_story.asp?id=153026

An interesting side note: Michael Bishop is the current backup to Allen.

IMO he should have headed to CFL years ago. Toronto has been on him since he left St.Louis i think. and of course they've always wanted him as a QB.

But now, he really hasn't played much (except for a short NFL Europe season) since he graduated from NU. He hasn't played QB since then either (unless you count NFL minicamps...)

At first he made it sound like Canada was a definate NO. later he said he had changed his mind about playing QB and wouldn't play anything other than safety.

Hey, a guy is certainly allowed to change his mind- I just hope its not too late and he can still make an impact under center even in the CFL.

Nebraska has certainly had its share of CFL QBs (Gill, Frazier, Steve Taylor, Ferragamo, McCant, etc, etc).

I know Crouch has his doubters and antagonists, understandably, but I for one wouldn't mind seeing him succeed in the CFL. Especially now that i can watch a few CFL games on Altitude. :thumbs

I wish him well, but he is a head-case and a risk for any team to pick up...

hey, this is a league that gave LP two more chances (Montreal & Calgary) AFTER his how-every-many NFL chances had come and gone.

so now that Crouch has exhausted his numerous NFL shots, he's entitled to at least 2 or more in the CFL.

and even with all of EC's baggage, it ain't quite as heavy (or as lethal) as what LP was lugging around.

I hope if he does decide to do it then he takes it seriously and sticks with it this time. He has to prove to someone why he was given that heisman trophy!!! :wtf

while i understand what you meant, i must say he proved why he got the heisman his senior year. the trophy isn't given to who will succeed in the pros, it is SUPPOSED to be givin to the best player in the NCAA that year. (but that is for another topic).

I agree he should take it seriously and stick with it. He could certainly make himelf look better. I wish him all the luck running around that huge field. crazy canadians. j/k