Randy Gregory

Basically every mock draft I've seen has him as a top 5 pick already. Kiper I believe has him top 5 on his big board. Of course those big boards and mock drafts change a whole lot between now and draft day, but they all seem to recognize that Gregory is a freakish talent. Suh was considered a mid-late first round after his junior year, so I have a hard time believing Gregory will stick around another season. His stock can't get any higher

He won't stay, for his sake I hope he doesn't. He is banged up and another year here will ensure even more guys going at his knees and the chances of him getting paid won't be as strong. If he is sitting atop draft boards at seasons end, go randy and make us proud in the league

This is where I land on this, also. As much as I'd love to have him as a Husker for another year, I think it would be wise to move on after this season, health permitting.

Yeah, most likely he will leave after this year. But just seems like Nebraska is different than most schools, when it comes to people leaving early, in all sports. Baseball, basketball and football. Maybe it's just because we haven't had as much elite talent as others. Just seems like everything the school and coaches stand for is more than football. You hear all the time about the coaches teachings these kids about everything outside of football. Who knows maybe the injury problem will make him look at life after football. And make sure he gets his degree ( not sure how far he has to go on that )

But like everybody else, I wish him the best of luck. Just would love to see him with the N on the helmet one more year!!

Love to watch the guy when he's on and his blood pressure's up, but... Scouts have got to see the downside too.

Knee issue.. really feel for the guy having been through it and he came back really fast from surgery. Might just be a nerve getting tweaked like a funny bone. He can expect a very thorough MRI screen before draft.

He shows signs of Clowney-itis , not wide open every play. Looked like he was moving in knee-deep mud at beginning of Northwestern game. Maybe related to the knee again.

He's a sucker for a cut block. When you're that tall you gotta see it coming every play. I think that learning to deal with that effectively will have to be his number one point of improvement if he wants any longevity in the NFL. Otherwise I can't see him making it out of Rookie Camp without getting crippled by some scrub looking to get a scout team contract.

As I said in the beginning I love to watch this guy play, but I think there are things he could learn with an additional year that would polish his natural talent and give him extra years in the NFL.

Something I found interesting is this...Gregory is billed as a pass rusher and not as good at run support. But when I went back and watched the Michigan State game...they ran away from him 98% of the time. Seriously....they ran the ball away from his side every single time except about 3 times.

It was pretty crazy. They also double teamed him... a lot.

Says alot about how much he's developed and how much teams have to plan for him.

You dont have to be good at run support to eff up holes and destroy the tackle.. that can create the mayhem needed for linebackers and DT to get the tackles.

By that i mean he might not get the tackle or read "run" as well, but if he is blowing his guy up every time, it is creating issues.

I think I can safely say that we would all be shocked if he stuck around for another year.

He is right up with Suh in terms of ability at the collegiate level.

Ummm....don't get me wrong Gregory is a beast, but there is no comparison to Suh, sorry you are way off on this one. Suh is a freak of nature plain and simple, Gregory will not show up in the NFL and be the best in the league at his position from day one like Suh. He will not be a first team selection to the Pro Bowl his rookie season and he will not have anything close to the amount of hardware Suh had upon leaving Nebraska (Hesiman invite???). He will play at the NFL level for sure and be a good player (a la Lavonte David at TB or Demorrio Williams) but make no mistake Suh is arguably the best DLineman we have ever had, EVER. Big shoes to fill literally and figuratively.

I think I can safely say that we would all be shocked if he stuck around for another year.

Ummm....don't get me wrong Gregory is a beast, but there is no comparison to Suh, sorry you are way off on this one. Suh is a freak of nature plain and simple, Gregory will not show up in the NFL and be the best in the league at his position from day one like Suh. He will not be a first team selection to the Pro Bowl his rookie season and he will not have anything close to the amount of hardware Suh had upon leaving Nebraska (Hesiman invite???). He will play at the NFL level for sure and be a good player (a la Lavonte David at TB or Demorrio Williams) but make no mistake Suh is arguably the best DLineman we have ever had, EVER. Big shoes to fill literally and figuratively.

Well David is considered by some as the best at his position. I'd say that's more than being just a good player.
  • Fire 1

Agree to disagree.

Well David is considered by some as the best at his position. I'd say that's more than being just a good player.

+1

Nice response, I did some homework and you are correct. Not THE best but top 10 every year for his position. Stoked to see that. I still don't think we can put Gregory in the same stratosphere as Suh...YET.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=true&conference=null&statisticPositionCategory=LINEBACKER&season=2012&seasonType=REG&experience=&tabSeq=1&qualified=true&Submit=Go