Will the Huskers Lose Four?

I can accept a loss in Madison if it's well played, competitive and we dont just hand it to them. That'd be tough sell though, since to me anyway, it's clearly obvious we are the most talented team in the west. But losing to anyone else would be flat out unacceptable. Yet, sadly, I'm still expecting a couple more regular season losses.

This is the year we stomp Wisky. They have a running game and that's it. Our D is getting better each game. We have a bye week before the final 3 games to heal up. That jet sweep crap will get sniffed out and beaten down and Gordon will have his seasons lowest total.

It is AA vs Gordin for the B1G and national accolades IMO (not Hypesman). NU goes all in to get the win for the team and bragging rights for AA. AA plays angry. Very angry.

This was the case just under two years ago as well

But I hope youre right. I gotta see it to believe it though. But if it is the case, who gets us? Iowa or Minny?

I think the whole remaining W-L hinges on Beck and his play calling. I really hope Carter is back (any word?) so we can actually run 2 TE sets and have routes where they scrape the LB and get into the middle. Force a safety out of the box and a LB to "hold" before crashing in to the LOS to get AA. Would also like to see 2 back sets so they can't send everyone to hit AA. Unless TA DRASTICALLY improves in the short passing game to the flats, ditch it. Use DPE, even as a decoy. They put the pass on film. Use it.

There is not a team left we face with more talent than NU. Bo usually drops a "clunker" (past 6 year review). I hope McNesse St was that game. I also hope this is the season Bo has made the next step. Sitting our starting OL last week was a great start. I hope innovations (i.e. good coaching) continue.

our DL has played solid and is getting better. Davie being back helps. Bando had a fire lit with the play of Roach. Would be great if we could sit/rest some starters until after the bye. That would be almost a month before we get into the final 3 games. Guys like VV, Gregory, KB etc.....Let them get 100%. That will help going into those final games. At the sake of losing stats, spell AA a little the next few games and let Cross and Newby carry the load. A 100% and fresh AA will pay big against the remaining 3 teams.

• 2 weeks later...

Games left on the schedule:

Rutgers

Purdue

Wisconsin

Minnesota

Iowa

By team:

Rutgers - Hasn't really beaten anybody of significance (sorry Michigan/WSU). Hung with Penn State and got destroyed by tOSU. At home we win this game easy.

Purdue - Surprising, yet schizophrenic season for Purdue so far: played Notre Dame close after getting beat down by Central Michigan (question mark..) Played Iowa, Sparty and Minny (@Minny) very close, this could be a tougher game than we imagine but I think we win at home by two touchdowns or more.

Wisconsin - Hung with LSU early in the season but more recently lose at Northwestern and eeked one out at home versus Illinois. I believe we get some payback this year for the last couple debacles we've had against Wisconsin. We win a close one here in Madison.

Minnesota - Outside of TCU (which they lost handily but didnt get totally humiliated, not a bad defensive showing against a solid TCU team) have not played a top tier opponent this season or been tested. As of today, one of 3 teams in the B1G with an unbeaten conference record; the only team in our division that hasn't lost a B1G game so they are the team to beat TODAY. They like to run the ball and we have them at home. We win what may be a close game, but win nonetheless. Payback for a loss last year.

Iowa - Which Iowa team shows up for this game? Indiana version or Maryland? We are at their house but I think we pull away from them in the 2nd half after wearing them down. No turnover fiasco this time, we win.

To be honest I'm really only concerned about Minnesota right now. This is just a fun post that only represents my opinion. I see us going to the CCG and I'll not predict that one just yet.

Well I called the last two games accurately. Just an educated guess but played out as I expected. Ugly win today but a win by 3 touchdowns. Purdue are not world beaters by any means but they have put together some solid football on occasion this year. They came into our house and gave us all we could handle, much respect for their efforts. AA injury is a concern but championship teams do not rely on just one player see: Brook Berringer, Ahman Green, Tommy Frazier etc... Championship teams find ways to win and have guys step up and fill the void left by injury. This takes solid players and solid coaching. Let's not consider the sky falling yet, Newby is a solid player and should be fine being spelled by Cross & Co. More importantly we need to worry about consistent QB and O-Line performance. A solid O-Line and QB can make a mediocre RB look like Adrian Peterson. The wins may be uglier but wins are wins and our defense is performing much better than I expected this season. Wisconsin is up next and we need to get back to work immediately. They held Rutgers to 139 total yards in their house, and while Rutgers is not a top tier team that is impressive. We need to bring our A game at Madison and be ready. If we play like we did today, wind or no wind, we will get our a##es handed to us yet again. Linebacker play will be key at Madison, mark my words. Shut down the run and let our cornerbacks/safeties make plays + win time of possession battle + solid special teams play = win. We don't have to do it pretty, just execute and grind out the win...it's going to be a battle for sure.

No, I don't see them losing 4. 3 maybe, but not 4.

Our defense is playing very well. That will keep us in some games. Our offense, even without AA, can still score, just not as well or frequently. If it wants to win out without AA, which I feel is very much possible, given the talent on offense, it needs to turn around on a dime very quickly.

Wisconsin's offense is going to throw all it has against our defense, and if AA isn't able to play, our offense has to step up against the Wisconsin defense, otherwise its going to be a nightmare in Madison.

Our defense is playing very well. That will keep us in some games. Our offense, even without AA, can still score, just not as well or frequently. If it wants to win out without AA, which I feel is very much possible, given the talent on offense, it needs to turn around on a dime very quickly.

Wisconsin's offense is going to throw all it has against our defense, and if AA isn't able to play, our offense has to step up against the Wisconsin defense, otherwise its going to be a nightmare in Madison.

Wisconsin can not pass and cannot defend the pass. Our line is so bad even with AA we will not be able to run for a lot of yards. This game will come down to Tommy, our WR & LBs not getting lost on the field.

Wisconsin can not pass and cannot defend the pass. Our line is so bad even with AA we will not be able to run for a lot of yards. This game will come down to Tommy, our WR & LBs not getting lost on the field.

We won't be able to effectively pass without the O-line effectively pass-blocking to give Armstrong time. If the O-line doesn't play well, nothing on offense is going to work.

Maybe DPE will return five or six punts for TDs.