Will the Huskers Lose Four?

If Tommy goes down we wont instantly lose 4 games. Probably lose the Wiscy game, pretty rowdy home field advantage in Madison.........wait a tick, thats not a real thing! Guess we will be ok no matter what!

You really have to work hard to miss that point as badly as you have.

• Fire 1

The truth of the matter is most freshman do not make an impact like this in big programs.

I believe Ohio State's last 3 successful QB's were all freshmen when they started

Those Newcombe and Crouch guys were real clods too.

Ironically, we went 9-4 their freshman year, didn't we?

I think it was their second,with crouch having a redshirt.

I also remember it not being very acceptable.

The truth of the matter is most freshman do not make an impact like this in big programs.

I believe Ohio State's last 3 successful QB's were all freshmen when they started

Those Newcombe and Crouch guys were real clods too.

Ironically, we went 9-4 their freshman year, didn't we?

I think it was their second,with crouch having a redshirt.

I also remember it not being very acceptable.

You're right. Newcombe was a true freshman in 1997.

If Tommy goes down we wont instantly lose 4 games. Probably lose the Wiscy game, pretty rowdy home field advantage in Madison.........wait a tick, thats not a real thing! Guess we will be ok no matter what!

Almost as hard as you did to find a reason to argue it in the first place.

Nebraska wins at least 11 games this year and doesnt lose 4. Bar is set.

Almost as hard as you did to find a reason to argue it in the first place.

Nebraska wins 11 games this year and doesnt lose 4. Bar is set.

Not quite.

are you seriously making excuses for a game that, not only have we not even lost yet, but not even played?

How funny. I've been meaning to start a thread like this for a while now but I didn't want to mess up the happy vibe of 6-1 with five games to go. Glad you started this, homey.

So, where do the other three losses come from? Honestly, we have the talent to run the table. I don't mean winning the playoff championship or whatever they're calling it, but we could beat every team on our schedule, and we could win a bowl game against half the top ten, right now, with the talent we have and the coaches currently on staff.

But... we've kinda had that over the past six years, too. And we've still lost four games a year, every year, for six FREAKING years.

So here's our remaining schedule:

Rutgers

Purdue

BYE

@ Wisconson

Minnesota

@ Iowa

Big Ten Championship?

Bowl Game?

We've all seen the worst of us. We watched McNeese State (currently 4-2 with losses to Nebraska & Sam Houston State) and the first half of Northwestern (currently 3-4). We all watched the first three quarters of Sparty (currently 6-1). This Husker team can lose to Rutgers, to Wisconsin, to Minny..... all of them.

We could also win all of our remaining regular-season games, too. That actually seems more realistic, depending on the mindset of this team. If they take care of business they should get to Indianapolis at 11-1.

If we do that, and that's a HUGE "if," we won't be able to lose four games. Either we win at Indy, win the Big Ten, and lose one more game in the Playoffs and finish at 12-2, or we lose at Indy and lose our bowl game and finish at 11-3.

To get to four losses, we're going to have to scrounge up some losses. Let's say we beat Rutgers & Purdue, teams we should be able to beat. That leaves Wisconsin at Madison, a terribly tough place to win, and Minnesota and at Iowa, another terribly tough place to win.

Honestly, Minnesota at home, the way they're playing, may be the toughest game remaining on our regular-season schedule. So count that as a loss if you want.

Wiscy with Melvin Gordon will be tough, and they've certainly had our number in the last few years. So count that as a loss, too.

But losing to Wisconsin, or losing to Minny, means we won't go to the Big Ten Championship, another very likely loss. Michigan State played like ass for half the game and still beat us (although we played like ass for 3.75% of the game and nearly won so...?).

The team that's been trouncing everyone the last few weeks is Ohio State and JT Barrett - and we all know how much trouble mobile quarterbacks give Bo's defensive scheme.

Let's pretend we're going to win every game we're favored to win from here on out. According to Vegas, that's every game except at Madison against Wiscy. That puts us at 10-2. No Big Ten Championship, but no extra game, no playoff, and only one more potential loss. Again, three losses.

Basically, in order for this team to earn four losses, they're going to have to utterly mess the bed. They're going to have to lose to two of their remaining regular-season opponents, plus the bowl game. If they lose even one game, to Wiscy or to Minny, they won't go to Indianapolis, and thus won't lose four games.

If they beat every other opponent, but lose at Indy, they will only have the bowl game left, and with a loss there that's only three losses.

If they make it to the Playoffs (a pipe dream, let's be honest), they won't be able to lose more than three, and likely no more than two (presuming a playoff loss, because this is NOT a championship team).

Short story long... it's going to be difficult at this point to lose four games.

Like, pretty unlikely.

How weird is that?

I think this sums it up well. If we play like we did 2nd half of NW game - we could easily win out. So I think it comes to Bo and motivation. The talent is there. I think I still prefer to play MSU again vs what is starting to look like a very good OSU team in the CCG. I think the MSU game will play out differently.

Bo's track record is to lose to someone we never should have - perhaps that was the McNeese State game - a near miss. I think Minny at Minny will be the biggest regular game remaining. They are playing wt great motivation.

At the beginning of the season I figured we'd lose one of the non-conf games and to MSU. So we are one better thus far. We are playing better than I expected, so I think 3 is the max wt possible 2.

I really hope this team breaks through this year, but so far they still kinda have that 9-4 vibe. If Nebraska builds off its second half Northwestern performance, I think they get 11 wins. If they fall back to first half Northwestern conference, they could absolutely drop three more regular season games and 7-5 wouldn't be out of the question.

Maybe the renewed competition on the O-line sets the tone and is the spark they need.

Games left on the schedule:

Rutgers

Purdue

Wisconsin

Minnesota

Iowa

By team:

Rutgers - Hasn't really beaten anybody of significance (sorry Michigan/WSU). Hung with Penn State and got destroyed by tOSU. At home we win this game easy.

Purdue - Surprising, yet schizophrenic season for Purdue so far: played Notre Dame close after getting beat down by Central Michigan (question mark..) Played Iowa, Sparty and Minny (@Minny) very close, this could be a tougher game than we imagine but I think we win at home by two touchdowns or more.

Wisconsin - Hung with LSU early in the season but more recently lose at Northwestern and eeked one out at home versus Illinois. I believe we get some payback this year for the last couple debacles we've had against Wisconsin. We win a close one here in Madison.

Minnesota - Outside of TCU (which they lost handily but didnt get totally humiliated, not a bad defensive showing against a solid TCU team) have not played a top tier opponent this season or been tested. As of today, one of 3 teams in the B1G with an unbeaten conference record; the only team in our division that hasn't lost a B1G game so they are the team to beat TODAY. They like to run the ball and we have them at home. We win what may be a close game, but win nonetheless. Payback for a loss last year.

Iowa - Which Iowa team shows up for this game? Indiana version or Maryland? We are at their house but I think we pull away from them in the 2nd half after wearing them down. No turnover fiasco this time, we win.

To be honest I'm really only concerned about Minnesota right now. This is just a fun post that only represents my opinion. I see us going to the CCG and I'll not predict that one just yet.

are you seriously making excuses for a game that, not only have we not even lost yet, but not even played?

No I was trolling Polo, howd you miss that!?

Seriously though, gonna be a hard fought game. Need 110% to win that one.