Will the Huskers Lose Four?

My feels....

Anywho. Recruiting and whatnot aside, injuries would be my first pick as a catalyst to a four loss season. We have already had plenty but say we lost a lynchpin on offense, yeah I could see us spiraling. Id like to think this team has more character and would persevere through the adversity. Still, I think we are deep enough to keep churning out wins, even ugly ones.

Until we prove we are actually better, I expect the same result. I could see us dropping Wisconsin (though we have the firepower to beat them). I could see Iowa or Minnesota skunking us into an ugly game and we shoot ourselves in the foot.

I just don't feel like this team is going to do that though. I know history says I shouldn't feel this way but this team has the weapons to jump all over a team if they can stay in the game long enough and usually the only way we get in trouble is our own mistakes. The penalties were better last week. The offense played poorly for the 1st half then flipped the switch and won convincingly.

Just typing out my thoughts. I probably should just delete all this but I put time into it...might as well pad the post count... :dunno

I think we played MSU a little better in East Lansing than we did in Lincoln.

Played Iowa better on the road, too.

Busted Michigan's home winning streak in Ann Arbor last year.

Didn't have much issue with Penn State in Happy Valley in that really bizarre away game.

Traveled poorly to yet another Capitol One bowl in a neighboring SEC state and did the job against Georgia.

Nearly pooped the bed against Wyoming, South Dakota State and McNeese State in the friendly confines of Memorial Stadium.

This team might actually focus better with a chip on its shoulder and its ass on the road.

Until we prove we are actually better, I expect the same result. I could see us dropping Wisconsin (though we have the firepower to beat them). I could see Iowa or Minnesota skunking us into an ugly game and we shoot ourselves in the foot.

I just don't feel like this team is going to do that though. I know history says I shouldn't feel this way but this team has the weapons to jump all over a team if they can stay in the game long enough and usually the only way we get in trouble is our own mistakes. The penalties were better last week. The offense played poorly for the 1st half then flipped the switch and won convincingly.

Just typing out my thoughts. I probably should just delete all this but I put time into it...might as well pad the post count... :dunno

Pffft. 3 paragraphs isn't padding the post count.

This is.

We SHOULDN'T lose 4 this year. If we do it will be nobody's fault except our own. If we can't run the table on the virtual cripple teams left, we don't deserve to go to Indy or anywhere else.

Not that anybody cares but I think the team will find a way to lose two more. Since we have been fairly consistent at playing poorly for at least two quarters per game, I'm not sure that somehow magically stops. Hope I'm wrong but that is the heart, the head needs it proven on the field.

I can accept a loss in Madison if it's well played, competitive and we dont just hand it to them. That'd be tough sell though, since to me anyway, it's clearly obvious we are the most talented team in the west. But losing to anyone else would be flat out unacceptable. Yet, sadly, I'm still expecting a couple more regular season losses.