Will the Huskers Lose Four?

The last time we played Wisconsin we lost (70-31). We lost our last game to Minnesota (34-23) and our last game to Iowa at home (38-17). Wisconsin was 7-5, Minnesota was 5-2 and Iowa was 7-4. All were unranked. Besides those three games, we also play against a decent Rutgers team and an improving Purdue team.

Nebraska is more talented than all of those teams, but that was true last year and it was true the year before that. Somehow, every year, our Huskers find ways to lose games that "should" be won.

Nebraska this year seems to be playing with more confidence. As mentioned, with fewer turnovers and better special teams, we seem to be playing with more focus. Is that a mirage, or is it real? Will it last, or evaporate?

The Huskers could easily end up with three losses without even sucking. An 11-1 Husker team could lose the CCG to a top-10 OSU or MSU, then lose the bowl to a top-10 foe. We could do all that, and still be a pretty good top-15 or top-20 team. It's not too much of a stretch to add in one hiccup in these next five games, and finish up again with four losses.

All that said, I have hope that these players will finish this year the right way. I hope they do so that they can look back on this year without regret and know that they did something remarkable. As of right now, it's all still out there in front of them.

• Fire 1

It only took 13 posts to figure out how to fire Pelini. Good work.

Meh, we're slipping as a board. Usually we average five posts before someone figures out how to fire Pelini.

As for four losses...as long as the kids and coaches both respect all of their opponents from here on out, we'll be fine.

Seems like we had a problem with trying to look ahead too far and not respecting teams we needed to stop down for. Each and every one of the teams we play from here on out will beat us if we don't respect them.

Nebraska is more talented than all of those teams, but that was true last year and it was true the year before that.

We are more talented this season. I don't think we have been the past 2-3 seasons.

I'd entertain an argument about 2012 Wisconsin, purely because of our depleted D-line. But even then, Bucky didn't out-talent us; they out-schemed and out-played us. Iowa and Minnie don't have the across-the-board talent NU does, with a couple standout exceptions.

Somehow, every year, our Huskers find ways to lose games that "should" be won.

Isn't that pretty much true of every program in the country?

That being said, let's win out.

Well it's true of pretty much every middling program in the country. If we hope to get over that hump, that's the hump we have to get over.

I agree, let's win out. 14-1, baby!!!

Somehow, every year, our Huskers find ways to lose games that "should" be won.

Isn't that pretty much true of every program in the country?

That being said, let's win out.

Well it's true of pretty much every middling program in the country. If we hope to get over that hump, that's the hump we have to get over.

I agree, let's win out. 14-1, baby!!!

It is not limited to middling programs. Every year, teams lose to teams they "shouldn't," even your elites (Alabama, Oregon, etc.).