Pierson-El Effect

We are going to be spoiled while Pierson-El is here, and when he leaves and we come crashing back down to reality it's going to be a huge disappointment.

This is possible and DPE is special. But freshman Glenn Irons is redshirting and probably isn't as shifty as DPE but is at least as fast. And that's basically what we've gone to in WR recruiting - big receivers like Enunwa and short speedsters that can score from anywhere. I bet we can find another one in the next four years.

This was awesome.

Props to DPE, but a huge part of that return was in the blocking. Hats on hats, and guys sticking with blocks all the way through the whistle. I wonder if Pelini's role in special teams is why our punt blocking looks so much better this year?

If Bo's teams have found a way to give Nate Swift and Niles Paul success as punt returners, I think we will be just fine.

You say that as if both of those guys weren't remarkable athletes. Which they were.

Not in the ways that make you a good punt returner.

Being a good punt returner isn't always being the best athlete. Most of the time, it's reading the blockers and hitting the right spots in the return.