***** What did we learn - Boilermaker Edition *****

NU won the Big 8 32 times out of 75 outright.

OU won it 26 times out of 75 outright.

That leaves 17 times that another team besides OU and NU won it outright since the conference started in 1907. I think that shows how easy we had it in the Big 8.

Or how good OU and NU were....

Or not considering all time program wins by the rest of those schools.

I think the willingness to disparage the work of some college legends in order to prop up the current coach and hide his shortcomings is perhaps the most depressing part of all of this.

He didn't do that what so ever. You are real good at dodging things when they start to not favor your argument.

I agree that NU and OU were that great, but was it because everyone else was sh#t?

I do recall the Big8 being called the Big1 and the Little 7 many, many times.

I think losing Enunwa hurt more than people realize. Westerkamp is a slot guy with a lot of trouble running the correct route, although he's a big upgrade from Turner. Peirson-El seems like a slot guy who only knows enough of the offense to play a few snaps per game. Kenny is a deep threat guy. We don't really have that go-to possession receiver anymore. I was hoping Burtch could step up and be that guy, but injury ruined his chances.

I really doubt Westerkamp is not running the correct routes. Not making the same adjustment that Tommy is seeing is more accurate but I liked Westy's choices better than TA's on both occasions Saturday. The first one was basically a coin flip. The second one Westerkamp was correct.

Could be, but there seems to be more "miscommunications" with him than any other WR.

Until Imani Cross understands his role and starts playing like the type of back god built him to be, we're gonna continue to have this issue. I stole this from Benning who had a real nice commentary the other day that Imani seems to be trying too hard to be something he isnt and needs to understand that there's a role in this offense for him just the way he was made to be. Benning went on to explain how he went through the same thing as a sophmore, gaining weight to be more like Lawrence, Childs, and so on until he realized he had a role as well just the way he was.

Same with with Beck. Call plays for the type of guys you have.

Agree about Imani, embrace being the thumper and make folks pay for trying to tackle you in the open field. get low and behind your pads. It would also help if beck realized that his RB's are not interchangeable and called plays to their specific skill set.

This is my main gripe with Beck. When Martinez was hurt/relieved, Beck Watson would call zone reads with Green and Lee and I was dumbfounded by it. Jamming square pegs into round holes. Put your players in the best possible position to succeed! This means calling plays that fit the skillsets of your players.

• Fire 1

Until Imani Cross understands his role and starts playing like the type of back god built him to be, we're gonna continue to have this issue. I stole this from Benning who had a real nice commentary the other day that Imani seems to be trying too hard to be something he isnt and needs to understand that there's a role in this offense for him just the way he was made to be. Benning went on to explain how he went through the same thing as a sophmore, gaining weight to be more like Lawrence, Childs, and so on until he realized he had a role as well just the way he was.

Agree about Imani, embrace being the thumper and make folks pay for trying to tackle you in the open field. get low and behind your pads. It would also help if beck realized that his RB's are not interchangeable and called plays to their specific skill set.

This is my main gripe with Beck. When Martinez was hurt/relieved, Beck Watson would call zone reads with Green and Lee and I was dumbfounded by it. Jamming square pegs into round holes. Put your players in the best possible position to succeed! This means calling plays that fit the skillsets of your players.

Glad someone else saw that.

Glad someone else saw that.

My bad.

This is my main gripe with Beck. When Martinez was hurt/relieved, Beck would call zone reads with Green and Lee and I was dumbfounded by it. Jamming square pegs into round holes. Put your players in the best possible position to succeed! This means calling plays that fit the skillsets of your players.

Interesting how one group will insist that all our RBs can do everything equally well while another group insists that we should call plays for specific players.