Which Husker Has Scored a TD the Most Different Ways?

Bowfin

Sorry about the awkward title, I couldn't come up with a better, more concise way to ask the question.

If we count passing for a TD as a way of scoring, (technically it's not) Armstrong has scored a TD three different ways this year and so has Pierson-El. Ameer Abdullah has in his career a TD running, catching, and I think a kickoff return, not sure of a punt return.

I guess a grand slam would be:

• rushing
  • receiving
  • passing
  • punt return
  • kickoff return
  • interception return
  • fumble return

I don't know which former or current Husker could claim having scored a TD in the most ways. Maybe Johnny Rodgers?

Crouch did the first 3 in one game.

Newcombe scored passing, rushing, receiving, and punt return in his career.

Rodgers - passing, rushing, receiving, PR, KR

On the current team:

Bell - rushing, receiving, KR.

Pierson-El - receiving, PR, passing.

Abdullah - rushing, receiving, KR.

Armstrong - rushing, receiving, passing.

• Fire 1

Another question would be how many current or former Huskers have caught, received, or returned an STD.

Do you mean AND? 'Cause if you really mean or, I don't think anyone wants to produce that list for you. I'm also not sure what the difference between caught and received is. If caught and received are different, than I'm not sure what the difference between received and returned is.

The short version - I'm really cornfused.

Crouch did the first 3 in one game.

Newcombe scored passing, rushing, receiving, and punt return in his career.

Rodgers - passing, rushing, receiving, PR, KR

On the current team:

Bell - rushing, receiving, KR.

Pierson-El - receiving, PR, passing.

Abdullah - rushing, receiving, KR.

Armstrong - rushing, receiving, passing.

Abdullah also has a punt return vs Idaho State.

I'm sure there was someone back in the iron man days that scored quite a few different ways.

That's what I was thinking too. The first one I thought of was Bobby Reynolds since he had our scoring record for so long, but it looks like he only had rushing, receiving, and a passing TD . Sam Francis maybe? A guy named Ron Clark had a punt and kickoff return for a TD in the same season, and it looks like he had a receiving TD and a few rushing TDs. Tough to find old stats.

I'm sure there was someone back in the iron man days that scored quite a few different ways.

That's what I was thinking too. The first one I thought of was Bobby Reynolds since he had our scoring record for so long, but it looks like he only had rushing, receiving, and a passing TD . Sam Francis maybe? A guy named Ron Clark had a punt and kickoff return for a TD in the same season, and it looks like he had a receiving TD and a few rushing TDs. Tough to find old stats.

Yeah, and not many play both ways in modern football--for any team. A few have switched sides of the ball though. Cody Glenn comes to mind. But I don't think he had TDs on defense. Or maybe a defensive guy who returned punts/kickoff. I think DeJuan Groce scored four ways: Interception, fumble, PR, KR (not positive about fumble return).