Major Culbert

i dont know if i want this kid anymore...sure he is a hell of an athlete but i have a bad feeling tha tthis is something that could be persisitant...his behavior...i want upstanding individuals suiting up in the scarlet and cream not a bunch of thugs like other schools out there in the ACC(FS WHO>). :hmmm

IDK maybe he is a good kid and this will all boil over and he'll turn out to be a great person/player. I think that he should be forced to greyshirt this year and pay for the first year of college or be a preferred walk on and prove himself to be worthy of a scholly... call me old school but i would rather have a good player with great character than an amazing player with horrible character... hope it all works out.

get this kid to lincoln..you know there are so many kids out there right now that did the same thing or worse and hes just getting caught for it..hes been very open and helpful in the case and nebraska will give him a new home and a place where he can evolve into a great football player and an even better person

I don't want to be thug U,  he could be a great player the likes of LP but then we would lose dignity and respect as a program.  Let some other program take this guy, we don't need him.

I say give him a chance...people can learn from their mistakes. Plus, if Christian Peter can be in our Hall of Fame, then we can't write this kid off.

NU Notes: Nebraska's Callahan remains mum on recruit Culbert

BY RICH KAIPUST

LINCOLN - Nebraska coach Bill Callahan still has yet to announce a decision on Major Culbert, the football recruit whose legal case was closed two weeks ago with a plea bargain.

Dr. Orlando Pile, Culbert's godfather, declined an interview request Friday. Culbert and Pile reportedly are hoping to meet with the Husker staff regarding the scholarship that was suspended in May.

Culbert on July 5 accepted misdemeanor charges of trespassing and harassment for his part in a January recruiting trip to the University of Oregon. Culbert received sentences of 30 days in jail and five years' probation after initially facing more serious charges of burglary and sexual abuse.

When Culbert signed, he was considered a player capable of helping out next season in the NU secondary, where the Huskers are particularly thin at safety.

I just read this in the OWH. good articles there. This one was published on the 22nd.

I'm hoping that Major gets a chance...and not because he can help our team this season. From what I've read here in HB forums and in the newspapers, it appears that the original charges were excessive. Even the women involved advocated for lesser charges. We shouldn't tolerate having bad characters on the team that will disrupt the team's preparations for games or distract the team in any way. But, I'm not convinced that Major falls into that category. He is young. Made a big mistake that I'm sure he regrets. I'm not aware of any other behaviors that would support the "bad character" label.

What ever decision he makes I hope that Husker Nation supports his decision. I will

:yeah