Maurice Purify

I wouldn't count out Spain and Hardy yet. I have heard Hardy is looking much better, and Spain wasn't eligible to play last year. According to what I have heard from this board in the past, Spain has looked real promising. We shall find out.

Yeah, but I think he was referring to the 2 that came in 04. McKoy and McCray, I believe. They did a whole bunch of nothing.

i think they graduated and got their degrees at least. too bad they didnt get to do much on the field.

I thought one of them transfered after the 05 season. I could be wrong though.

Purify catching up

Among NU's most recent arrivals is Maurice Purify, who needed all of one workout to show why such a fuss was made when the City College of San Francisco receiver signed with NU.

"I just saw him for the first day out there - and obviously he's a little rough around the edges with running routes - but he's got a big body and good hands," Husker safety Andrew Shanle said. "He looks pretty promising."

Nebraska has added size at receiver with newcomers like the 6-foot-4 Purify, 6-5 Will Henry and 6-4 Menelik Holt.

"I was out there with Steve Octavien (in seven-on-sevens) and he turned around and said, 'Man, these are some big guys,' " Shanle said. "Every year with the new classes with coach Callahan we're seeing a new mode of receiver."

Purify missed a good portion of the Huskers' summer conditioning program to complete class work at CCSF.

This was published on the 22nd. I am ready for some Husker Football. :cheers

:o;);)

GBR

they have to raise all that money to send to those poor people around thanksgiving time...ya know with ed mcmahon and that check... :thumbs ...i thought he graduated from his juco and that would make it all ok... does he even have the eligibility to sit out if he doesn't clear this year?