Did Tea Party ruin the Repub party? Huntsman SR- "YES"

Do you agree? Of course the more conservative repubs say another moderate like Romney, Dole, McCain would = a loss in 2016. John Huntsman SR (not JR who ran for Pres previously) says the opposite. 2016 is shaping out to be a potential civil war in the Repub primaries. We'll see what side eats itself up opening the door for a moderate or a more right leaning type to win the nomination. If one side (moderates for example) line up behind one candidate, then the moderate will most likely win. I see a fierce battle between Cruz and Paul supporters - which would work in favor of Jeb, Christy or Paul Ryan's nomination. Or maybe an unknown sneaks in while the the far right devours itself and the moderates devour itself - that may be a Walker or a Jindal who I don't consider as 'Tea Party' as Cruz.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/-the-tea-party-has-completely---ruined-the-republican-party---jon-huntsman-sr--210121174.html

I think the Republican party was already broken. Resulting in the creation of the Tea Party.

/ I am NOT a tea bagger, btw. lol

You strike me more as an Arabian Eye goggle kind of person.

I was pretty sure Urban Dictionary would be at the top of that google search. It was. :rollin

I think it's time to nominate a Tea Party candidate. It won't happen . . . but it'd be interesting.

It's already kind of happened with Sarah Palin and that didn't work well.

That's just because ol' moderate McCain drug her down! Rip off that band-aid GOP! Run Bachmann, Palin, Cruz, or Santorum!

I think the Republican party was already broken. Resulting in the creation of the Tea Party.

/ I am NOT a tea bagger, btw. lol

I wouldn't say broken. I would say they had some cracks in their armor. Then, the Tea Party got in and completely destroyed what ever semblance of sanity there was.

Somehow, the tea party/tea baggers need to lose control of the party. I would prefer it if that group of people would go off and start their own party. Like Carl said, nominate Bachmann, Palin, cruz or Santorum and see how that goes for you.

Meanwhile, the Republican party could start mending itself and creating a platform that is conservative and reasonable.

The problem is the people who control the conservative media are going to keep destroying whatever there is chance of this happening. I'm talking about everything from Fox news all the way down to the weasels who create those idiotic emails that get sent around that claims everything from Obama is an alien to Obama is a secret spy from Russia sent here to destroy America. The "true conservatives" will just keep passing them around and eating them up.

There should be 4 parties really: far left, left, right, far right. Probably would get more accomplished with a more diverse system.

Social Democrat Party, Moderate Party, Libertarian Party, Constitutional Party

Fairly laughable that the far right would be considered the "Constitutional Party"